Vengeance RGB PRO Black 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4 Memory

RX 590 Red Devil 8GB GDDR5 GPU

Obsidian 750 Full Tower ATX Case

HX850i 850W Full Modular PSU

M.2 Samsung (MZ-V6E500BW) 500GB EVO PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD

Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Internal HDD

Windows Home 64bit Retail
No OC or Raid will be configured.

My question is about configuring the SSD PCIE and HDD in the BIOS.

I notice that on the support page for the Samsung (MZ-V6E500BW) 500GB EVO PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD there is a driver https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/
But I am unclear whether I need to install this driver or would Windows install its own driver for the SSD to be recognised and work through the PCIE bus rather than the SATA bus. I intend to install the M.2 in M.2_1(Socket3) on the motherboard which the manual states “The M.2_1 Socket supports PCIe 3.0 x 4mode” I would appreciate a knowledgeable moderator to clarify, please.

I assume that for the SATA SSD/HDD drives the BIOS still has to be configured for AHCI?

One other question is about the memory, I am told that I need to reduce the memory from 3200MHz to 2133MHz as with 3200MHz it would get too hot! Advise on this is also sought.

Thank Pike for your lighting response!
My hand won't fit through the phone otherwise I would slap the person who told me. I was surprised that is why I asked here.
Thanks again for your response.
No doubt I may have to come back with further questions once I start building the machine.

Back
Top Bottom