(AIO) NZXT X52 just died after switching out my PSU to my new Asus Thor 850 PSU

Associate
So, something weird happened.

Yesterday I installed some new components, NVME, a new HDD, and some more RAM. I also decided to switch out my PSU. The one I had in it has been going strong for many a year, lol. It was a weird name, like "Strike-X 1100 semi-modular gold PSU". It done me well, but it's getting near 7-8 years old, and well, sometimes it's best not to chance it, even though I know it could probably last many more years.

Anyways. I got an Asus Thor 850w Platinum PSU. I plugged everything in, and BOOM, all is well in the world. The next day I get the "CPU fan error". I must stress, I haven't touched anything. If I did pull something out, it got put back in where it was supposed to. I use the NZXT X52 AIO, and followed the instructions again, just to see if I did pull something out. The CPU_FAN header was used, and the SATA connection for the pump was used too. I switched the SATA connector to another, and low and behold the fans started spinning on the radiator and I thought "Ahh, loose connection". However, 9 hours later, it does it again. I unplug and plug back in to no avail.

I checked my temps in the bios, and the temperature was indeed creeping up into the red. I'm honestly quite disappointed with NZXT. I thought they would've been a decent brand. My corsair H100i lasted me nearly 6 years before I retired it.

I just bought a hyper evo 212. I think I'm done with AIO and Elton John jazziness RGB. I just want reliability lol. If I have issues, I always go back to a hyper evo 212.

I just find it weird that it decided to die when I changed PSU's. It feels like I've missed something. My mobo is a Maximus XI Hero. I'm right in the middle of important work as well, it couldn't have hit at a worse time lol. I only got it in March from OC, so it will be going right back once I get the time.

Back
Top Bottom