AIO position and Nvidia FE GPU findings

Associate
Just want to add to this post and hopefully get some advice.

I've had similar experinces as the op. I recently install a 3080 FE into my system and have noticed the temps of my 5900x are high. I saw it around 80c at one point until I went into the case (be Quiet Dark base 900) and moved the fans on the AIO.

AIO was top mounted on the case and I had the fans originally set to pull. Changed this to push and temps dropped by about 4c to around 76 but still creep up close to 80c.

The AIO I use is the Corsair H110i. Is it worth upgradding to a Artic Freezer II 280? Will there be much difference?

@greggo87 What kind of temp difference did you see in frnt mounting you AIO over top mounting??

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The AIO I use is the Corsair H110i. Is it worth upgradding to a Artic Freezer II 280? Will there be much difference?

No. The Corsair is not going to be much worse and not worth the cost of AF to get 2c overall better temps. Once the case warms up and the use is sustained load, it will make no difference.

You need to think about the case fans and try draw the air that the 3080 dumps above it out.

Back
Top Bottom