AIO still OK?

Soldato
hey guys,

90% of the time when I cold boot my PC, I can hear the radiator on my 360mm cooler for about 20-40 seconds (like bubbling or something), then it goes quiet..

the temps are great and the build I silent, well, reasonably, just this with the AIO, is this an issue, or is it normal in some circumstances?

cheers.

I'm theory the radiator should be mounted so any air bubbles get caught in the top of the rad, and not the pipes or pump, it also means air naturally rises to the top so you shouldn't in theory hear any bubbling.

If your careful you can remove the cold plate on the pump you can top up the water.

hmm, don't know if I have the balls for that! :cry:

I ordered a DeepCool MYSTIQUE 360mm aio, took the opportunity to order another case, seen as how I would need to basically strip my current one anyway to get the new aio in.

Last edited:
Slight bubble noises are normal with any water cooling, I've had that with all AIOs and custom loops. The noises tend to occur when the pump starts running from a cold boot and the noises go away after a few seconds as the bubbles go settle in the radiator

Last edited:
Assuming the rad was at the top, even if the pump screams a bit, I always run it for few hours at 100%. Any persistent bubble will move to the radiator and stop the annoying noise for good. After that, should be okay to tune the pump to a more suitable noise/performance ratio, as most pumps won’t benefit from max rpm (unless is a very poor pump) and the noise difference from 70% to 100% in some AIOs is very noticeable, while the performance drop sometimes isn’t.

Back
Top Bottom