AiO Water Cooling

Associate
OP
This friday I was testing Navis 240 on some Ryzen on my job, and pump got smoked up starts to smell funny. That's the first faulty among ten that I installed so far. Still not sure if I should buy be Quiet because of this thing on video up.

I am now watching fractal celsius S24, maybe he will be the right choice.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bump into this video alooooot of comments that same thing happend to them approx. 6-7 month after buying Silent loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hu8siX-LaU
Youtube is garbage, but answer to problem is also posted saying:
"Guys If you're having this issue, unscrew pumpfrom Motherboard, get a dinner knife, unscrew the fill port and use a pipette or syringe to fill cooler to max with water. Make sure you don't lose any washers. The fillport has a washer so do the four screws holding pump to motherboard After you've finished shake cooler for one minute. Reattach. You'll hear some grinding noise on boot but thats the cooler getting the air bubbles out. DO NOT LOSE ANY WASHERS be careful. After doing this, my temps are 5 degrees cooler on idle and that horrible sounds gone."
Something owners of CLCs cannot do to fix similar problems.

Soldato
If it did you send it off for a warranty repair/replacement. That being said that is a common problem with those AIO units and for it to happen after 6-7 months doesn't fill you with confidence.
A few peeps posting on youtube is a very very small percent of owner of AIOs like be quiet! Silent Loop. If you based your CLC purchases on that kind of input you would never own a CLC. I assume you remember when Corsair released the H100 they had thousands of problems and RMAs. So many that for a year or so afterwards the market was flooded with refurbished H100 CLCs.

Soldato
So difference between Fractal S24 and Be quiet is that Fractal has lower flow rate, maybe price is higher and different maker ? Nothing more ?
Fractal Design Celcius S24 is a CLC made by Asetek with aluminum radiator. Radiator has standard G 1/4" thread fittings, but the fittings on block/pump are not removable. It's just another Asetek OEM pump with threaded fittings on radiator .. and no fill port.

Fractal used to sell a Kelvin line that was similar to be quiet! Silent Loop, but it has been discontinued.

Associate
OP
We installed like 30 of them in the past half year at work, and never had any problem with S24 fractal Celsius.

Be quiet is not reachable to us at the moment, but even when they will be if we order them, they will cost much more than Celsius S24 and with only 3 year warranty vs 5 of fractals, and I read all the good experience (plus my own at work) from S24 Celsius, no one said anything bad or that they did a lot of RMAs on them.

Back
Top Bottom