Air Conditioning for the home - Who has it?

Soldato
Hi all,

Last year I started exploring air-con for my house. Portable units with exhaust hoses out of the window just aren't an attractive option to me for two main reasons; where I am in the room and where the unit/exhaust would have to be, and having to keep them on show/store them for the rest of the year which just isn't ideal.

An issue I came across is that the rooms on the side of the house that I want aircon in means that the outside wall is over my neighbour's drive, and they really don't fancy seeing the units every time they pull up. Fair enough and I don't want to cause issues with current or future neighbours.

The two quotes I received both had an outside unit per room. So two or three rooms with aircon means two three outside units which gets messy quickly. None of them were willing to quote for a single outdoor unit stating that it "adds thousands to the costs" because it needs to be able to support all a/c units running together.

In an ideal world I'd have one unit serving all rooms, but I don't need all rooms to be cooled at the same time. It would be one room 90% of the time and two rooms very occasionally.

So has anyone got aircon in their homes? What do your external units look like and where are they placed in relation to the rooms being cooled?

Many thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom