Airfix

Soldato
I have a craving, a huge one at that... Suggest a Airfix model for a beginner, last time I did one, I was 12 in my Dad's kitchen with him.

Been meaning to get a little hobby for those boring sunday rainy eve's when I can't get out on the bike.

So, I accidentally saved a bit more money than I intended to this month so want to splash out 30/40 odd quid on a Airfix model and get stuck in.

I can only assume the older generation of this forum will help as most youngster's on here probably have no clue what I'm going on about lol.

ags

Soldato
OP
I quite fancy doing one as well (used to make them regularly in my youth). Only thing was, I was terrible at painting them. I gather the trick is to paint the pieces on the plastic frames before you even build the model?

Hmmm

Ah see, I was great at painting, it was the glueing that got me, I got huge hands and always did, even as a kid so always managed to stick my finger tips right in the glue and bugger it up :(

Here you go guys, get shopping! I have just turned into a big kid looking at this site lol.

http://www.airfix.com/

ags

p.s. http://www.airfix.com/airfix-products/ships/classic-ships/ would love to be able to do one of those old ship models! Would look fantastic :D

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Wow, that's tiny! I was hopeing for something a little bigger to keep me busy for a month or so (obviously only a hour each night spent and each night spent letting everything dry properly).

Any rec's for that?

ags

Soldato
OP
but unless your willing to spend a bit more money on a kit of that scale the detail is just going to be missing. and if the detail IS there it will be far more complicated. it's a trade off

I don't tend to do it all in one go, which is why difficulty shouldn't be an issue (theoretically). As each night I will do bit by bit and take my time on it. Will shop around me thinks :D

Looking forward to this. Think we should try keep this thread alive so we can post up pics of our results hehe.

ags

Soldato
OP
I built that Ducati a good few years ago, really nice kit to build, went together really well as do all tamiya kits.

@ Agnes, hope you don't have a fracture in your foot mate, it takes yonks to heal!

Thanks, will buy the kit then :p

And same! Everytime I quick shift up a gear on my bike it kills lol

Back
Top Bottom