AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Associate
I've decided against them for now/today. Nothing really wrong with the BeatsX I already have, I think this is just a case of new toy/upgrade itch.

Soldato
Pick mine up today. Heading abroad in the next few weeks and thought it a good idea to have the AirPods as the battery life and size is more convenient for my long flight...

Associate
Pick mine up today. Heading abroad in the next few weeks and thought it a good idea to have the AirPods as the battery life and size is more convenient for my long flight...

For a long flight, I'd probably want proper headphones to block out noise from other passengers and the engine etc. But as you say, that wouldn't be as convenient really.

Associate
Thanks. Fairly decent earphones then. Can you compare the sound for me please? I use some momentum 2 on ears with a dragonfly dac on an iPhone 7+ and the sound is pleasing to me. Obviously it’s a ball ache carrying it all about and I have been contemplating some of these for when I want to be a bit more portable. I have been using the lightning to 3.5 converter with the same headphones and they are ok. However, it’s not the best solution in the world. Aside from the fact these AirPods look completely ridiculous, how good are they? I mainly listen to FLAC files and occasionally Apple Music. :)

Reporting back. Got some AirPods. Mega impressed. Wife now wants some too. :rolleyes:

Commissario
I've noticed over the last few weeks that the battery in my charging case seems to be dropping quicker than ever. After a week with a couple of hours use (maximum) per day on audiobook listening, it's been very low, down in the single figure percentages.

I was passing Lakeside today so popped into the Apple store to ask if this was to be expected.

He looked at the case, looked at the AirPods, looked at my phone, said "I'll be back in a couple of minutes" and true to his word, he returned quite quickly and swapped the case for a new one.

He explained that even though they're out of warranty, battery issues mean they replace it without question.

That made me happy :)

Quoting myself.

The battery life still wasn't holding very well so I went back in yesterday. This time they swapped out both AirPods after I explained that the case had already been changed. No quibble, no question.

Soldato
There are rumours that there is a new set coming out but I think they will create a new premium tier over the current ones rather than a direct replacement.

The current ones are still selling really well.

Soldato
Hey all,

I recently bought a set of Airpods, and they're so good! :D

I do have a question regarding them though... I use them mainly with my iPhone, but sometimes with my iPad. Is there a faster way to switch them to the iPad or vice versa than going into the Bluetooth settings and switching it there?

I see that when I open the case and hold it near the iPad, the airpods appear on the screen - I would have thought they would then have a convenient "Connect" button of some sort...

Soldato
Hey all,

I recently bought a set of Airpods, and they're so good! :D

I do have a question regarding them though... I use them mainly with my iPhone, but sometimes with my iPad. Is there a faster way to switch them to the iPad or vice versa than going into the Bluetooth settings and switching it there?

I see that when I open the case and hold it near the iPad, the airpods appear on the screen - I would have thought they would then have a convenient "Connect" button of some sort...
Select them from the control centre music widget.

I do love my AirPods and use them daily, just the convenience of opening the case, inserting them, closing the case and starting some music playing on my phone without ever having to think about pairing or turning anything on or off is just really nice.

Soldato
Select them from the control centre music widget.

I do love my AirPods and use them daily, just the convenience of opening the case, inserting them, closing the case and starting some music playing on my phone without ever having to think about pairing or turning anything on or off is just really nice.

Is that the music widget with the; Previous Track, Play and Next Track buttons? What button am I meant to press to get the Airpods to work?

Associate
Is that the music widget with the; Previous Track, Play and Next Track buttons? What button am I meant to press to get the Airpods to work?
Yup. Click the "fan" looking icon on the top right hand corner, then the AirPlay icon in the right hand side

Soldato
Love how quickly the AirPods can fast charge, I had been out on a long walk and I got the low battery bong at 10%, 5 minutes in the case and they were back up over 80% and lasted the rest of my walk.

Back
Top Bottom