1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AirPods now available

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by danielanthony, Dec 13, 2016.

1. ChrisD.

Capodecina

I'm having a minor yet highly annoying issue with mine and I'm curious to see if anyone else has the same, or if I should contact Apple about it? I mainly use my EarPods for phone calls and now and again, perhaps once a week, maybe less, they will disconnect during the call, usually just as I've set it up. If I go into Bluetooth settings and reconnect them, the same happens. It will continue to do so until I forget them from the Bluetooth menu and re-add them, then they're good as new until this process repeats itself. I don't know if it's connected, but I do switch them between my iPhone and iPad quite often. That said, the last time I used them with my iPad was Saturday evening and I was on a 2 hour conference call yesterday afternoon without a single issue, yet today and I make a call and they drop out straight away.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. Alpherah

Sgarrista

Are they second gen?
    We are seeing loads of second gen for various connectivity issues :/

3. ChrisD.

Capodecina

Yes, they are. They're only a month or so old.

4. JunglistE

Mobster

Ive got first generation AirPods but never have that happen. I find they sometimes randomly switch from my phone to my watch though

5. ChrisD.

Capodecina

I've just been on chat with Apple and they have got me to reset the AirPods. I didn't know this was possible. I'll have to see how it goes over the next week or so.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209463

6. Feek

Commissario

That's interesting - I've had an odd one a few times where the AirPods link to the phone but after ten seconds they disconnect. The solution has either been to manually connect them to my watch and back to the phone or put them back into the case for a few seconds. It hasn't happened for a while but if it does again, I'll try the reset.