Airport Valet parking company taken my F10 M5 for a spin

Soldato
So on the 23rd August I was off to Greece for a week. I booked one of those airport valet services at Gatwick airport as I couldn't be bothered doing park and ride and this was only another 30 quid or so.

I drop the car right into the car park and they take it elsewhere.

What they didn't realise is that I have front and rear cameras which record everything. The front one is hidden behind the mirror, the rear is pretty hard to notice.

So far I have the following:

23rd August after the drop off

- The car sitting in the main car park being revved.
- Departing the car park with the comment to his mate "gonna have some fun boi see ya later" but then saying he will drive carefully and slowly as he wants people to see him!
- Giving it little spurts of power here and there but he actually doesn't drive it like an idiot (although i've yet to review all the footage).
- I will have a look at the GPS overlay to see if there was any speeding but so far it doesn't appear to have gone over 100km/h
- Once it gets to their car park (which is like a glorified field) they're revving it again. The M5 wont let you rev past 3k but they still have a bit of fun.

On the 30th they move it to another area. They rev it again.

Some funny bits:

Another guy gets in it to park it and says "I take it you were very very careful coming here then. That's got such a beautiful noise (revs it). My baby, I'm going to park it on its own. I'm going to clean it every day for him....."

They don't actually rag it. It doesn't go over 100Km/h once and the odd blip here and there is understandable.

but it's........so weird hearing people in your own car........this started as an 'im outraged' post but after actually watching it it's quite funny.

I'd upload the video for you all but virgin internet is down for me.... :( using my mobile

------------------------

Update - Video http://www.filedropper.com/valet_1

1.7GB.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sounds like they were just enthusiastic about the car rather than taking the ****.

If the rest of the footage doesn't turn up anything I wouldn't be upset about that level of usage. Out of interest is it the company that has a presence on a number of car forums?

Yeah I started off angry but then realised they didn't do anything out of the ordinary. My speed figures when driving home were far far higher :D

I can't even see them having broken the speed limit.

Company is skyparksecure

Soldato
OP
Did you use those official meet and great people? The guy who picked my discovery 4 up was a bit young and looked like he had just passed his test. They had most lightly had an outing in it because they added 15 miles onto it. Shame I don't have a camera installed. Send them an email with the footage and see what they say

Yeah I think they guy who drove mine was a bit young. Apart from the odd blurt of speed he didn't do anything outrageous and when he got to base the guy asked if he had taken it easy.

So from what I can see their parking area is not at Gatwick but about 10 miles away.

The day you are due to come back they move it to a closer car park so they can rapidly get it to the terminal in case you come early.

The car did not do any 'errands' from what I can see.

Soldato
OP
I'd contact the company and get some free compensation money. You got a nice car so they will be scared you will take them to the cleaners.

No, as people above have said they didn't do anything bad despite having the opportunity to.

A few revs is nothing and it was driven sensibly overall.

I'll be sending them a nice email saying thanks for treating my car with respect.

Once Virgin fix my internet i'll upload the vid in case anyone is interested. Too busy to email the company at this mo

Soldato
OP
I know I know :)

Video in about an hour. Internet only got fixed this afternoon, then the file was over 5GB
so couldn't upload to any of the usual sites.

Re-encoded to about 1.7GB and being uploaded now. Give it an hour or so

Edit: Failed, will upload tomorrow

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Oh it's still 1.3gig after that.

Have you heard of YouTube ?

Would take me too long to upload on my connection. With VM but see bove - connection is broken and still ropey - took all night to upload 1.7GB.

is the 1.7GB file really that bad????

Back
Top Bottom