Akrapovic slip on + Gixxer

Soldato
My Gixxer is going in for a service tomorrow and is having this fitted at the same time:

http://www.akrapovic.com/product-catalog/motorcycle-exhaust/?puid=107

(sorry, can't remember how to post photos)

Gets rid of the whole cat box under the bike which give an extra few HPs, LOTS more noise (removable baffle) and a 4.5kg weight saving.

I've gone for the carbon end can (they do a chrome one too) as my bike is the full black version (not the standard blue/white). I'll post some pics with it fitted over the weekend.

:)

Soldato
OP
The stock pipe on the k6 onwards are all stubby (hmm, edit: actually I think the K6 1000 has 2 big ones, but the K7 and 8 1000s certainly have two small ones).

It would look odd to have a big can on it.

I went to get it fitted this morning. My God it's light.

The downside is it does have an embossed titanium strip with NOT FOR ROAD USE stamped on it. I knew I kept those R&G stickers for a reason! ;)

The MOT centre opposite will do the MOT provided I take in and show I have the original exhaust.

The baffle will stay in... for now. I've heard it with it in and it's much more of a low purrr, which is nice :cool: It's not an overly aggressive V-Twin with dual Akros with the baffles removed (like the RSV I follow in most days!) - now THAT'S a granny scarer if I ever heard one!! :D

May take it down to Cresent in a couple of weeks for a proper tune up.

Soldato
OP
Quite surreal having the new can.

I am actually riding a lot slower than normal - I can't get used to the sound/noise. It sounds like it's going a lot faster than it actually is.

A benefit of that is I'm averaging an extra 40 miles on a tank!

Also, I feel a bit like Moses parting the sea, as whenever I filter (every day) all the cars move out of my way!! :D

Oh, another benefit is it does some superb backfires!! :D

Back
Top Bottom