Alan Wake 2

Wait....was that Max Payne in the trailer?? We had an Alan Wake crossover in the game, Control. Are we now getting a Max Payne crossover in Alan Wake 2? That would be cool

Last edited:
Just seen this is Epic Store only on PC, what the hell?
I guess in this instance it sort of makes sense, Epic stumped up the money for it to be developed and they are also the publishers, so in this particular case its not really all that different to Portal 2/Half Life/Alyx only being on Steam

Last edited:
Wowsers, a 4070 for 1080 with medium raytracing for 60fps. Theres certainly been a jump in PC spec requirements this year, looks like I'm going to have to consider getting a 4xxx series card soon.

If those specs are accurate then in about 3 years when GPU prices are more affordable :rolleyes: I might pick it up in a sale :( it does not even look any better than control either so why it needs such high specs is a mystery!
Seems to be a common thing at the moment, this year has seen a number of titles with very high specs needed but when you look at them they dont look like they would need those specs.

i dont think ive known a time in my gaming history where games are taxing gpu's to this extent, ignoring the RT elements here, we have had next gen leaps in past, many times in my last 30 plus yrs of pc gaming, but nothing this taxing, anything under 2060 your basically screwed, n may as well go buy a console instead
It definitely feels with some of the recent releases like there is a big push on for gamers to move up to the 4xxx cards

Saw this referred to as 'Alan Woke' what is the (non)controversy here then. I don't care but at the same time I do so I can laugh at how pathetic people can be.
Must admit I havent heard any "woke" claims, is it because the other protagonist that you play is a black female FBI agent?

Downloaded this morning but wont get a chance to play and check performance until I finish work this evening. My oh my, with Alan Wake 2, Cities 2 and continuing my Lords of the Fallen playthrough , it looks like I'm in for a busy weekend

It's not 1996.

Demos seem quite rare these days. Mind you, on the superior Steam platform you can just refund it within 2h which beats any demo, but obv not for this game as it's on lolEpic.
You can refund it on Epic within 2 hours or 14 days too , they've got the same refund policy as Steam :)

Just realised I've lied, by virtue of the fact I use UE5, I have the epic launcher installed lol. No games installed but I have just seen I collected loads of freebies including Subnautica which was recommend to me.
Subnautica (the first one) is a masterpiece, the sequel not so much. Epic is great for freebies, picked up some cracking titles for nothing on there over the years.

Back
Top Bottom