Alarm keeps going off!

Caporegime
As of Monday, my alarm keeps going off for what I can only attribute to the boot-shut sensor. Car is a 2003 Seat Leon Cupra R (for those who don't know).

When I turn on the ignition, I get a half-lit (feint) warning lamp telling me the boot is open (its not). The lamp gets brighter when the engine is on, but after driving for maybe 5 minutes, goes out.

I've tried taking the cowelling off the inside of the tailgate, and had a look to see if there was anything loose, or wet. The car did have a problem with the rear wash/wipe pipe coming off, but that was 2 years ago now, I thought it might have been something similar, but alas no, the pipe is securely attached.

There are two plugs on the tailgate, one (higher up, bigger plug) goes into what looks to be the central locking solenoid, the other I'm not sure, it seems to go into the catch at the bottom, would this be the culprit here?

I have tried a search on seatcupra.net, but the only thing I could find that was relevant was the wash/wipe loose fitting problem, which isn't the case here.

One last thing, I got home at around 5:30PM yesterday, the alarm didn't start going off until 4:30am! The same was pretty much true Monday night too, alarm didn't start going off until the wee hours of the morning.

Any ideas guys?

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

Do you have you access to VAG-COM, may throw up an error of some kind if it's sensor related.

Soldato
I know it won't actually solve your problem, but is there anyway to lock the car without arming the alarm?

Lock with the key instead of the fob?

Caporegime
OP
Yeah cheers Mark, the thought had crossed my mind.

SeatCupra.net seems to suggest I'm going to need a new bootlid catch mechanism.

Joy.

I know it won't actually solve your problem, but is there anyway to lock the car without arming the alarm?

Lock with the key instead of the fob?

Nope, that still sets the alarm active.

Caporegime
OP
Its a stupid electric catch that is also attached to the central locking system, its also all one unit, so I doubt its possible to replace the sensor without replacing the catch.

Caporegime
OP
The one that was dangling in the boot after the first "repair"?

Yeah, they have wrenched out the third brake light. Also discovered my spoiler is pretty battered from where they have attempted to prise it open :mad:

Back
Top Bottom