Alien Civilisations like us extremely rare?

Earth could be the only place in the Universe where intelligent life has arisen says Prof Brian Cox.

While microbial life forms could well be common, the physicist believes that ‘things like us may be extremely rare’.

I have often thought this to be so. What are you thoughts? We have never seen any evidence amongst the stars. We have been looking for a while now. While we can now identify some solar systems with planets, nothing so far has even hinted at life elsewhere yet.

Define intelligent.

We consider we're more intelligent than dolphins because we have achieved so much - The wheel. New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins have ever done is muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins believe that they are far more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Quite a few people feel we are not alone. I think we are as good as alone and we should be more protective of our home. If there is life elsewhere, it is too far away either in time or space for it to matter to us. I doubt we will ever see evidence of this ever. I really hope we don't end up blowing ourselves up before we get the chance to be the seeds of life in the universe.

Back
Top Bottom