Alien: Isolation Collection £6.25

Soldato
I already have the standard version of Alien: Isolation on steam but not this collection version

Do I need the collection version for VR or will my standard version work in VR ?

Soldato
^You just need AI on Steam.

I played this all the way through on my Rift about 2 weeks ago. Hands down the best and scariest VR experience so far, and one of the best gaming experiences I've had (also helps that I'm a fan of Alien). Having said all that maybe wait for a future update of MotherVR to sort out some control issues. Some of the in-game buttons you need to manipulate either don't work or have the wrong button prompts using Oculus Touch. Or you could play on a pad.

The story is pretty trash if you pay attention to it, but the atmosphere is just awesome, and the way the game uses sound to build tension is incredible. The game also looks and sounds incredibly authentic to the first two movies (and runs great btw). Anytime the alien is around (which is most of the game) it's just great fun. Yes you'll be terrified, and you'll probably made some silly noises while playing, but you'll also have a huge smile on your face.... as you're being eaten :p

Associate
^You just need AI on Steam.

I played this all the way through on my Rift about 2 weeks ago. Hands down the best and scariest VR experience so far, and one of the best gaming experiences I've had (also helps that I'm a fan of Alien). Having said all that maybe wait for a future update of MotherVR to sort out some control issues. Some of the in-game buttons you need to manipulate either don't work or have the wrong button prompts using Oculus Touch. Or you could play on a pad.

The story is pretty trash if you pay attention to it, but the atmosphere is just awesome, and the way the game uses sound to build tension is incredible. The game also looks and sounds incredibly authentic to the first two movies (and runs great btw). Anytime the alien is around (which is most of the game) it's just great fun.
I really would love to try this in VR, it seems like it would be terrifying and incredibly fun all at once. I can't picture myself playing and not trying to yank the headset off my head. :D

Yes you'll be terrified, and you'll probably made some silly noises while playing, but you'll also have a huge smile on your face.... as you're being eaten :p
r/nocontext o/

Associate
hmmm problem here......

downloaded alien isolation on steam got the mother mod but havent a clue where to put the "mother" file ....i look in my steam folder and im lost!

Soldato
Just drop it in the game install folder.
If you don't know where that is, right click on the game in your library and select properties>Local files tab and click browse local files.
Drop the Mother mod into that.

Associate
Just drop it in the game install folder.
If you don't know where that is, right click on the game in your library and select properties>Local files tab and click browse local files.
Drop the Mother mod into that.
ahhh! thanks uncle petey didnt think of that i was looking at the steam files on my c drive rather than using steam itself ....thanks!

Associate
Planning on picking up a headset in the next couple of weeks and noticed that this was 75% off on steam so picked it up so its ready for day 1 :)
Just be careful of jumping into something that uses smooth locomotion like Alien Isolation straight away. Take it easy with anything like that if you've not used VR before, and stop playing instantly if you feel ill.

All that aside, Alien Isolation is amazing in VR :)

Soldato
Yep, amazing though it is, A:I is not a day1 VR title. Start with Robo Recall, Eleven Table Tennis, Elite Dangerous, DCS, IL2... Some non rally driving game like Assetto Corsa... Build your VR legs gradually over a couple of weeks and THEN dive into (one of the greatest games ever) Alien isolation. Unless you were were born with a fighter pilot like vestibular system of course :D (my mum is like that, she can stomach anything in VR without any prep)

Soldato
It ain't that bad, the alien has nothing on half the stuff in Sub Nautica's nasty ocean. The ambient sounds are the freakiest element of the game, they edge you out constantly.

Soldato
I need to try this. I had trouble making it work on VR so need to try again.

Affected: The Manor is a pure VR horror game that I am unable to spend more than a few minutes in without screaming and taking the headset off.

I also second the comments re VR legs. I thought I was fine until I played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Nearly chundered and felt crappy long after taking the headset off.

Back
Top Bottom