alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
Hi all,

Anyone heard anything about this monitor? Dell website saying 3-5 weeks until available, but I thought it had already come out last year.

Looking to get a 3440x1440 superwide monitor with 120Hz and GSYNC. Any alternatives? The only ones I am seeing at the moment is the alienware and the Predator X34P and neither seem to be available anywhere.

Thanks for the messages folks. I see the Predator is X34P is now showing on the rainforest, but out of stock.

When is the ETA on the LG and what is the specific model number? I will be tempted if it is priced reasonably.

Looking like I will be getting one directly next week, spoke to live chat and they are giving me a really good deal (£849 which is insane), so hoping they can keep that offer for me for another week, the guy on live chat certainly said he could. Just needing to wait on a refund coming through. The wait is killing me!

Once I get one I will be using a 1080Ti. Using it with my rog swift at the moment and occassionally on my 4k monitor and the 1080Ti does a great job.

Wasn't able to get them any cheaper than £900 now even with my previous dell live chat at £849. Gave up and ended up getting the Acer Predator Z35P. Would have preferred IPS over VA, but will see how the VA panel is. Got it for the £800 elsewhere and glad I did as it's way up in price again now. Should be arriving tomorrow, worst case I will send it back and try again on live chat.

I went that route also. Returned the Z35P 2 days later as colour was awful compared to IPS. Now waiting for a replacement AW34 due to a yellow panel. Just can't win these days for monitors.

Did you try calibrating? I have heard that calibrating the Z35P makes a hell of a difference.

Update on my order of the Acer Predator Z35P. I love it. The colours (After using an ICC profile) are surprisingly good and I haven't noticed any glaring issues with ghosting. The only time that I have noticed it has been when playing fifa18, the red icon above your player shows some noticeable ghosting when sprinting, but this is something I can live with. I haven't noticed it anywhere else at all so far.

Back
Top Bottom