alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
I'm not impressed with the delivery service, its already a day late and they've just announced via email it'll be here tomorrow between 8am and 6pm with no way of rescheduling or even just letting them know I won't be in. The online tracking info is pretty baffling as well. Until 5 pm tonight it simply said "PLAN COMMITTED".

Associate
I'm not impressed with the delivery service, its already a day late and they've just announced via email it'll be here tomorrow between 8am and 6pm with no way of rescheduling or even just letting them know I won't be in. The online tracking info is pretty baffling as well. Until 5 pm tonight it simply said "PLAN COMMITTED".
Exactly the same boat as me, the ETA on the abysmal tacking service they provide was the 4th, and only updated a couple of hours ago when i got the same email as you! I will be in luckily as i work nights, but it will probably come when I'm sleeping :rolleyes:

Associate
I believe it's UKMAIL that they will use, you maybe able to rearrange something with your local depot if you give them a phone tomorrow. I got that information when I was googling what Plan Committed actually meant over the last couple of days:p

Associate
Haha thanks - I definitely won't be in though so I'm just hoping I can get hold of someone in the morning to reschedule (or that the card that gets pushed through actually has some contract details on!)

Soldato
I was tempted to sell on my U3417W and go for one of these but this monitor malarkey is never ending.

Looks lovely for the most part but I’m not a fan of triangular shaped back casing where the curve is deepest - that part of the design spoils what otherwise looks awesome.

Associate
Well got a text and email this morning, turned up when it said it would.

What a fantastic piece of kit! Glad I have a bigger desk coming tomorrow though, it's a monster.
No dead or stuck pixels, from what I can tell very minimum BLB from bottom left and right corners, but will look at that further when it gets darker, but it appears nothing to write home about. Overclocked to 120hz and no issues with that in the little I have messed about.
Fairly happy with the colour and contrast out of the box, but will have a play around with the settings over at TFT Central
Overall extremely happy, and my son will get a new gaming monitor for his xbox so win win.

Associate
Check out the Blue Light card if anyone you know has one. Dell sometimes have great discounts. Picked up my monitor half price (£600) last year and an Alienware RGB keyboard and mouse

Back
Top Bottom