alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
I've been following this thread ever since I placed my order at the start of April. Finally got sick of the constant delays and lies (they told me there would be no more delays after it was pushed to 5th June, then it got pushed to the 13th). I decided to cancel the order and go for the X34P. It'll be here on Tuesday. £100 cheaper too!

are you going with any extended warranty on it? Pretty sure i'll be doing the same, but 2 years doesn't seem long...

Associate
yeah i saw that on their site, but i've read horror stories with acer warranty... (but then I think i've read horror stories with just about every manufacturer)

Not sure if i'd extend with them or pay a bit more to include accidental cover.

Soldato
I bought the extended warranty with AcerCare from the MM but they wouldn't let me register it without proof of purchase for the care plan, I'd given them the proof for my monitor purchase date but that wasn't enough, they expected me to phone them but it was an Indian call center so I gave up. If anything did go wrong I wouldn't like to know what the warranty service would be like.

Associate
I would much prefer if they just gave us a definite date even if it is 2 or 3 months. It's better than being delayed a week or two at a time and still not knowing if it will come

Yeah, but that won’t happen as customers would start cancelling if they were told they had a 4 week delay on top.

Caporegime
"There is a myth from the 19th century about a frog in boiling water. It says that if you put a frog in a pot of boiling water it will react and immediately try to escape. However, if you put a frog in cool water and very gradually heat it up, the frog will “be stuck in the comfort of its surroundings,” and stay complacent until it is too hot, and too late"

You're all froggies :D :p ;)

Associate
"There is a myth from the 19th century about a frog in boiling water. It says that if you put a frog in a pot of boiling water it will react and immediately try to escape. However, if you put a frog in cool water and very gradually heat it up, the frog will “be stuck in the comfort of its surroundings,” and stay complacent until it is too hot, and too late"

You're all froggies :D :p ;)

LOL! well the discount I'm getting helps! I'm in no rush at the moment as I'm waiting for the new NVIDIA GTX range to come out so happy to wait and see. I feel like I'm compromising if get an Acer or Asus Ultrawide.

Associate
I just picked up the Alienware AW3418HW, have to say it is stunning and the picture is beautiful.

Waiting for my tri monitor stand to arrive today so I can have the Alienware monitor in the center, with 2 Samsung C24FG70 on either side :)

Caporegime
Swapped out my PG348Q for an X34P earlier and it's very *very* nice!! I can see why the reviews prefer the Asus IQ though, it is slightly more vibrant all over but the Acer is v good after some tweaking and I'm more than happy :cool:

and I only really switched for the more aggressive curve LOL! The Asus was pretty damn awesome anyway! :)

Soldato
I just picked up the Alienware AW3418HW, have to say it is stunning and the picture is beautiful.

Waiting for my tri monitor stand to arrive today so I can have the Alienware monitor in the center, with 2 Samsung C24FG70 on either side :)
Cn you put a piccy up of it in game i was looking at that but wasnt sure.

Associate
Associate
I went for the X34P in the end, the price was just too good.
Very pleased with it so far. No issues, except I've just had to buy a monitor arm because the original stand is too large for my desk which is only 65cm deep (Ikea Karlby). I would have had the same issue with the AW anyway. Ergotron MX incoming tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom