Alienware m18x or m17x r4?

Associate
I agree, a company the size of "them" should not have support like this, overclockers have far better support and probably are not even a quarter of the size.

:> quarter ?
Well i am sure Dell would swallow dozen OCUk and other retailers here combined :)
But the point is as soon as they got your money they move and what's left its poor support with people that not exactly know what they talking about (even some sales guy when from time to time I ask to help/explain cant find the answer cause it would require deeper knowledge :)

Associate
My nightmare has come to an end i finally received my refund. Now using my Working MSI laptop. Its not a small minority that are having problems Alienware are renowned for there screen changes and shocking after sales and i was an idiot thinking it was a small minority, it happened to 2 of my friends and i didn't listen to there advice. My advice don't touch alienware crap.

Associate
looks like it's pretty quiet here.

Doe any1 got the new 17 model and could share some thought about it? Also did any one saw(got) the new versions from Outlet? How are the prices now (M18 and M17x are nothing cheaper that they were months back)

Associate
looks like it's pretty quiet here.

Doe any1 got the new 17 model and could share some thought about it? Also did any one saw(got) the new versions from Outlet? How are the prices now (M18 and M17x are nothing cheaper that they were months back)

I've seen a few of the new models but they seem to go quicker than ever before :rolleyes:. One was ridiculously cheap for what it was (think it 780M and just over £1100 so maybe scratch and dent?) and the others seemed not much cheaper than buying new. Also seen that the R4 prices are about the same which does seem very strange but people are still buying them :eek:

A friend did manage to get the Alienware 14 with 1080P screen and 765M GPU for just under £1k on the outlet. Haven't seen it in the flesh yet but he had an issue with the network card which was then fixed by a call out.

Would also love to hear if anyone managed to bag themselves any of the new Alienware models.

Associate
Saw today m17 and M18 but really they went quicker then my captcha (and it was 4 letter one !!!!!!)
managed just to see the spec basic CPU +780 for less then 1400quid......

Associate
Yeah I've seen a few this week Tereu and some seem very expensive and others are quite well priced. I normally just refresh the page and see what specs and prices are. There's no point trying to bag one because they're going faster than ever before. :mad:

Associate
Hello all :)
Long time no see ;)
Just wondering if any of you has gone for the new 17 and what are the impression.
Also are the times to post on outlet changed?? Trying to get smht (as the 0 hour comes ...new job ,another baby so eviction is coming!) but for few days saw nothing :( (one M18xR2 scratch and dent and that is it..
Looking at MSI now as well but from few reviews they are quite noisy and running warm (

Associate
Hello again.
I am thinking of buying a cooler for the AW17 and so far nearly decided to go with Cooler master Coolermaster Notepal 3 ....or is there anything better for the money

Associate
OP
To be honest I just raise the back of the laptop up using ping pong balls cut in half as I found my coolermaster u3 didn't make a big difference as the m17x cooling is already very good :)

How's everyone getting on with there alienwares lately :cool:

Back
Top Bottom