Alienware m18x or m17x r4?

Associate
Yeah, there was another one on Friday with 680M and was scratch and dent. Think it was over £1200. It had Blu-Ray and a few extras but seems the prices on the outlet aren't actually decreasing on the R4, despite the new model being out a month. Don't think there have been any R5's yet, though I've not been checking in everyday.

Associate
saw three r4s come on line at 2:19 pm yesterday and the best of the lot was gone before I even had a chance to hit the option to select it, came with a 7970 at 768gbp ex vat couldn't even click on it before it showed up as error no longer available, what tools are these snipers using to get them so quickly??

Associate
heh you need to master clicking :D
managed in the past to grab few of them so its possible. You literally have to hit refresh when they are not in stock, then after refresh they are and quickly add to basket+captcha. If you try often to read the spec its to late :p

Associate
Hey guys I'm new on this forum and i am thinking of buying the new Alienware 17, not sure which spec?

what's these discount codes everyone is talking about and what to look out for?

Associate
heh you need to master clicking :D
managed in the past to grab few of them so its possible. You literally have to hit refresh when they are not in stock, then after refresh they are and quickly add to basket+captcha. If you try often to read the spec its to late :p

Wow thanks going to have to be quick of the draw but how do you add so many to the basket? Don't you have too go back to add each one and that takes time?

Associate
Right guys im new to Alienware and purchased my 1st a couple a days ago will arrive about the 24th august cant wait.

i went for the new 17

Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.7GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
English Windows® 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)
17.3 inch (439.42 mm) WLED FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare Display
16GB1 Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s + 64GB mSATA SSD Caching
Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BD-ROM, DVDRW, CD-RW)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770M with 3GB GDDR5
1 Year NBD with Premium Phone Support

Picked up the vindicator as well.

Associate
Hey guys, unfortunately im no longer an M17x R4 owner, as it has been stolen whilst on holiday in San Fran along with my Brand new Vindicator bag, Unused spare battery, Retina Ipad, Beats and Camera :( my £300 item limit on my insurance is a total ****ing fail for me aswell...., had to panic buy an Asus G750 for work - Adam

Associate
Has any one got a new revisions of M17&18 ? Also did any1 saw them on outlet or not yet ....

Been checking in most days mate and still not seen any of the new Alienware's or XPS 12's (may get one of those as they look to be really good machines). Saw a nice cheap system with 7970 the other day but didn't get there in time. :mad:

Adam, sorry to hear about your ordeal. That really sucks!

Associate
Any1 interested :
Base Alienware M17X R4
Processor Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3740QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.7GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
Memory 6 GB DDR3 Dual Channel 1600MHz (2 DIMMs)
Hard Disk Drive 500 GB SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
Media Bay 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
NoteBook Screen Display : 17.3 Inch Wide Full High Definition (1920X1080) WLED
Video Graphics : 2 GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 7970M
Software Back Up Media Not Included
English Genuine Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (64Bit OS)
Network Interface Card Wireless : Intel Centrino Advanced-N 2230 (2x2, a/g/n) + Bluetooth
System Color AlienFX Colour : Mars Red
LCD Back Cover : Soft Touch – Stealth Black
Laptop Battery Battery : Primary 9-cell 90W/HR LI-ION
Keyboard Internal Qwerty Keyboard
Hardware Upgrade Camera : Integrated Skype HD Certified FullHD Camera with dual digital Microphones
Adapters 240W A/C Adapter
Power Supply: 250V AC Adapter

£964.66

Associate
Like I said 25..nearly 26 past 2pm was released.
ATM as I said grabbing them just for fun - problem would be when I really need o buy one.
For 1 where wont be any in weeks and 2nd I would always be to slow to get a good one heh ....

Back
Top Bottom