Alienware (not booting sometimes) help

Associate
HI ALL,

I have DELL alienware M-15X laptop and something is not well with it and I don't know how to find what's wrong, so I need your help. (PC is about 4-5 years old, not abused, but played)...

Problem is this: when I boot, the screen stays BLACK, the OS (windows 7/64bit) doesn't load...not every time.

It boots "sometimes". If it doesn't boot, it flashes caps and scroll flashing on the toolbar on top left.

When it is running, I ran FurMark, Intel processor diagnostics and any other tests I could find...

How can I tell if it is a video card starting to go? Is there a way? What could cause this?

It was running well until I re-installed windows, (had to because of too much crap on HDD)

Thanks for help, greatly appreciated.

Specs: i7 740QM @1.73GHz/ 6GB memory,/ ATI Radeon HD 5800./ 60GB SSD, (that I changed for the default 500GB Seagate, thinking could be that, but NO change).

Last edited:
Soldato
If the graphics are on their way out, you'll see artifacting on the screen. Like green "glitches" sort of. Could be caused by overheating on the graphics front. Power supply OK etc?

Back
Top Bottom