All-In-One website hosting & creation?

Permabanned
Hey guys,

I just want to keep this as plain and simple as I possibly can.

I want to know if anybody knows any good websites where you can pay monthly to have hosting services (including email @yourdomain.suffix) and website creation (domain included or not I don't mind, I can buy that seperately and forward it) like webs.com for example.

However I want to make sure it won't have MY personal info on who.is and to make sure that if I pay monthly, it won't have any branding on the website so it will be professional..

So you're probably wondering why not use Webs? Well I would.. but every review I've googled say their customer support is bad, they bill you for nothing, and their service is poor... soo....

Thanks for the links Confused. I like the looks of Vidahost but the packages they offer are all pretty basic though and don't really have anything to make just... a website. And they use cPanel which would be a bit harder to access email inboxes because last time I tried linking an email which is accessed through cPanel for a website I had before to Thunderbird, my cPanel got disabled for a brute-force access attempt q.q

The only place I can think of who do a hosting and 'generate a website' kind of deal is 1&1, but the website you'll get will be generic **** and their support is rubbish, not to mention over priced.

If you've got time then have a look at installing Wordpress and buying a template. You'll get a much better site if DIY, or you can pay someone to do it for you.

Remember, while you may want something up very quickly, having a poor website is much worse than having no website.

I guess I can agree with that. I don't want to be updating the website code myself and having to crawl around cPanel for hours at one time trying to update things though, whereas wordpress you can just go onto a control panel and basically the back end will do everything for you which is simple updating which is what I want and would like, but wordpress is all branded. And if people know it's wordpress, can be seen as unprofessional. :\

I've never had an issue with accessing my email that's hosted with Vidahost from any application, be it Thunderbird, Outlook, iPhone, Android, and there's even webmail using a web browser.

And once you've set up the account initially, you don't need to ever touch cPanel again (unless you want to add an email account, which takes all of 3 minutes) - and a website using Wordpress is anything other than unprofessional, it's used by corporations all over! Once you've got Wordpress installed (a single click using Fantastico, or just upload the files via FTP) you can do everything via the Wordpress backend.

Try 123 reg, i know they do a "insta-site" option where you can design your own simplistic site with all the information you need to add. I think its around 6 GBP a month, cant be anymore than that. but check it out :)

Just picking up on the request made in the OP about paying monthly, someone who specifically offers this option are Pay as you Host who are from the same 'stable' as Plusnet plc, who are (I believe) a BT subsidiary, but operate completely independently.

They don't offer a full 24 hour support service, but you can always get straight through to them, and I have always found them very helpful indeed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom