All of a sudden i cant boot!

Soldato
Right, let me explain, i had an old 5gb fujitsu drive hanging about and decided to install xp on it and put everything else on my other drive (80gb wd caviar (old))

This was a couple of months ago, now today i got a new fan and put that in, and thought id do a fresh install, but on the wd drive and get rid of the fujutsu (its v slow!) i cleared cmos and put every thing back together..

but now neither of the disks are recognised on ide channel 1

they are recognised on channel 2 but nothing happens, i just get

'nvidia boot agent'
'media test failed, check cable'

iv tried another cable to no avail.

Associate
Hi, Have you checked the BIOS to see if any of the setting under the IDE channel settings have been changed as a result of you clearing the BIOS like disabled or the boot order has been changed in the BIOS as a result of the reset, which I wouldn't have bothered doing if I were just changing the HD's over.

Go into BIOS and see if you can get the drive (s) to auto detect and check the boot order. Also you will have to re-enter your OC setting back in, if it is the machine in the sig you are using.

Associate
Check the jumpers, make sure that the Master when connected to IDE1 has actually been set to Master on the HDD jumpers, sometimes a computer will not read a drive just because the jumpers havent been set right, the comp doesnt like trying to read a slave on a master connection.

Soldato
Looks like it's trying to boot off a network drive, usually the last in the sequence of available boot options. I'm pretty sure it's a boot order problem, something's not setup correctly in the BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom