Alloy wheel refurbishment

Soldato
hmm, think i may have just found a good deal however a bit for for you to travel i think. £240 for all four wheels scuff repaired, blast cleaned, powder coated and lacquered.

Soldato
The mrs had a wheel refurbed. £35 by a mobile guy. He said NOT to use any products on new alloys particularly on refurbs. Soap, water and a gentle scrubbing brush will ensure they last longer. He said the wheel cleaners can be quite harsh on the laquer (sp).

Caporegime
tonyyeb said:
The mrs had a wheel refurbed. £35 by a mobile guy. He said NOT to use any products on new alloys particularly on refurbs. Soap, water and a gentle scrubbing brush will ensure they last longer. He said the wheel cleaners can be quite harsh on the laquer (sp).

Yea anything acid based will eat away at the finish, if you clean your wheels and then polish and wax them all the dirt will wash right off :)

Don
jamoor said:
BMW sell an acid free wheel cleaner for £20 for 4 or 5 litres,
it just seems like ordinary citrus degreaser.

probably is, I just buy vitrosol,exactly the same stuff as a lot of expensive wheel cleaners but loads cheaper

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
If you find anywhere decent down here let me know, I want mine done too :p

I did see a sign outside Hlafrauds the other day saying they, or a third party they use, will refurb alloys now.

Back
Top Bottom