alphacool apex stealth metal fan

Associate
Apparently, Alphacool, when they designing this fan, it was pure luck that they did by accident what Noctua spend years in R&D for, and got a high speed fan that moved high CFM with very low noise levels.

Fan should be released soon as the new, Alphacool Core 1 CPU Water Block, from there new Core Series, so Apex cannot be far behind, has been released and for sale on OCUK.

Reactions: str
Associate
Yep read it earlier today
Got 14 fans in my case if I replaced those
With these
Would add 4kg!!!!
They're 320g each that's really heavy for a fan
I have a Formd T1 with a rad and deshrouded 4080 which has been increasing in density over the last year. Looking forward to adding 4 of these fans. Just did a pre order on their site 11 week wait incoming.

Associate
It's a shame for the final version you can't disassemble easily to paint the frame due to concerns over damaging the O-Ring - selling a version disassembled and offering replacement O-Rings would have been my preference, but from a consistency perspective I can understand.

Soldato
It's a shame for the final version you can't disassemble easily to paint the frame due to concerns over damaging the O-Ring - selling a version disassembled and offering replacement O-Rings would have been my preference, but from a consistency perspective I can understand.
Yeah understandable I guess
If you're used to custom watercooling
You're used to O rings
But if not
I guess it's a decision to prevent
Un needed rma requests

Some of the guys in here
Make their own O rings so
Maybe one of them will attempt
A disassemble at some point

Associate
It would be nice if the frame and the internals were available separately so if the fan failed you could replace just the internal part, or could have the option to change out the frame only, or swap for a frame that fit 2 or 3 fans in a single unit for attaching to a radiator.

Associate
Could even have an asymmetric design with one side if the housing acting as a shroud to space the fan from a radiator. Could really just be scratching the surface if you start to consider the fan and the fan frame as discrete pieces.

Back
Top Bottom