Am I being fleeced by BT?

Associate
I have to renew my BT Broadband as my contract is ending. I paying £43.33/month for Fibre 2 and have always gotten 20Mpbs download. Just had a look on their website and Fibre Essentials is the package I should be on because of my line speed (and that's £29.99/month). Should I downgrade?

Also when i called BT, they told me I need to move to EE, is that correct?

Last edited:
I have to renew my BT Broadband as my contract is ending. I paying £43.33/month for Fibre 2 and have always gotten 20Mpbs download. Just had a look on their website and Fibre Essentials is the package I should be on because of my line speed (and that's £29.99/month). Should I downgrade?

Also when i called BT, they told me I need to move to EE, is that correct?
I am sure they are suppose to have a guaranteed minimum speed which I think you would be under. Do the speed check as if you were going to buy it and see what it says you should be getting.

Unfortunately they seem to be dropping the BT brand moving to using EE only.

If you're at the end of your contract then move to another ISP, especially if you can only get 20Mbps - assuming you don't use or need a landline phone.

Plusnet is £28 for their FTTC package, for example.

Yes they are a rip off

Since installing fiber to the premises the cheapest internet they can give me is £50 a month

Im trapped with them because my other half cant live without a landline contract apparently

If i did not need a landline I would leave them

And yes they moved my to EE which was a real pain to be honest

Last edited:
I'm confused about the price they gave me. For Fibre 36 they will charge me £51.99/month, but on their website they are charging £29.99/month.

You should be getting 100+ mbps assuming you can get FTTP for ~£29.00

My provider still appear to be offering 500/500 for £32/m on a 24 month contract (new customers).

Big caveat is they only cover a small area so best to use a comparison site to see what's local.

Last edited:
I'm confused about the price they gave me. For Fibre 36 they will charge me £51.99/month, but on their website they are charging £29.99/month.
The have lower prices for new customers, they charge normal price if you upgrade during a contract it is best to speak to them and see if you can get a deal from them.

Switch provider.

Example of uswitch.com deals:

KUPoomH.png

Check topcashback and quidco as well.

Yes they are a rip off

Since installing fiber to the premises the cheapest internet they can give me is £50 a month

Im trapped with them because my other half cant live without a landline contract apparently

If i did not need a landline I would leave them

And yes they moved my to EE which was a real pain to be honest
Is there a reason you can have a VOIP service?

I had renew with talk talk, and they gave the new customer rate, if I can find the email, I will copy and paste the bit where it says they have to offer the same price

will have to look into that, as long as it worked the same and the figures worked out then that could be a solution perhaps.
I think you can even direct the calls to your mobiles via aps while at home and mobile when out.
Would certainly open up the choice of ISPs.

Back
Top Bottom