Am I old or do Audi just have no clue on how to do Sport chassis.

Permabanned
I Just placed the order for my new Company car, I tried a fair few cars, but kept coming back to the A4, as its just a nice place to be.

They have just facelifted the A4, and its looks smart, the marketing blurb goes on about revised suspension, so I had high hopes about the S-line. And guess what? Its still rock bloody hard, Im either getting old, or Audi just dont know how to do sporty without making the cars ride horribly.

Ive gone for an Avant, SE Technik, 143 model. Its just rode so much better, as i saved lots by going for that, I just specced the car up with some usefull extras like Xenons,Heated leather, fancy nav and sound pack and best of all, a powered boot lid (im officially ooooold!).

Had BMW pulled their finger out, I would have gone for a 3 series tourer, but the new one isnt out for ages, the Merc C class, was lovely but the manual gearbox and steering were shockingly poor on the C220 CDI Sport.

Permabanned
OP
I was checking out the new A4's today and they are v.nice. The standard level of kit on these is excellent as well; even the SE comes with loads of gadgets.

Well I did want the S-line, but the suspension and the lack of kit put me off.

As it stands, the Se-Technik, comes with leather,basic sat nav and parking sensors. Ive then added DAB, the super dooper satnav as it was only £300 more,powered tailgate,uber stereo, the twinkly bendy lights and a few other small odds and sods.

Believe or not, thats costing me less than a Passat and the same as a Skoda Superb. I need an Estate or a Hatchback, so there wasnt much in the way of choice, as a lot of nice estates arent all that big tbh.

Clarkey, the ride isnt bad, it just seems overy harsh and jiggly for the kind of car it is,i could understand the harshness if it actually handled well.I think my Accord handles better.

Permabanned
OP
I hate these features too head rat. But most cars are going this way. Well all the cars I was looking at anyway. I mean how am I going to do a hand brake turn now ! But the starting faff is annoying. Clutch and brake in and then push a key in. Its an unnecessary complication IMO.

Permabanned
OP
Woohoo - how much is it setting you back if you dont mind me asking?

On the S-Line suspension, its never caused me any problems, i dont notice its overly hard but it has to be said that Audi could improve their damping a bit. Likewise I dont have a problem with brake feel or steering, its a car, i like cars, it gets me from A-B and i'm not out to be a racing driver on the roads. You can drive like a nob on track days, no need to take every corner with tyres squeeling on the limit cos its cool - its not.

With private fuel its costing 180. Had I not gone for the options it would have been 130.

Permabanned
OP
Woohoo - how much is it setting you back if you dont mind me asking?

On the S-Line suspension, its never caused me any problems, i dont notice its overly hard but it has to be said that Audi could improve their damping a bit. Likewise I dont have a problem with brake feel or steering, its a car, i like cars, it gets me from A-B and i'm not out to be a racing driver on the roads. You can drive like a nob on track days, no need to take every corner with tyres squeeling on the limit cos its cool - its not.

With private fuel its costing 180. Had I not gone for the options it would have been 130.

Back
Top Bottom