• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AM2 still worth considering?

Soldato
I have been looking around for reviews etc, and wouldnt mind some peoples personal opinion on this. when i get round to upgrading i am going to have a tight budget and the AM2 is pretty well priced. I have been looking at the 3600x2 Brisbane as it appears these can do 3.0ghz on air with something like the Freezer 64 i already have.

Would a budget AM2 setup be maybe a better plan than say a E2160 one

Soldato
OP
cool, cheers for the chart, it seems like the C2D does better in synthetic stuff.

I use photoshop and Supreme Commander on a regular basis and the AMD seems to perform better at that stuff.

I guess tho the 2160 can hit 3.4 with a Freezer 7 where as i rkn the AMD would struggle to get over 3.0ghz even if i bought the 4400x2

Soldato
OP
cheers for all the replies guys, i have found somewhere that still does the 3600x2 chip for £25 :)

I just bought one for my fiancees' mums pc, and a £25 jetway board....even on that i have got it to 2.3ghz and it runs on load at 40 degrees according to core temp

Btw....my bad on the chart, read it backwards lol:p

Back
Top Bottom