AM5 Bios where art thou?

Man of Honour
I just built an AM5 system for a friend and when it boots most of the time you dont see the "press f1 or Del to enter bios" screen it just boots striaght to windows? is this a thing with AM5 boards in genereal or just something i've missed?

ROG Strix B650-A Gaming WIFI
7800x3D
Zotac 4070 Ti Super

Soldato
Using DisplayPort or HDMI? Used to be an issue on older cards where they needed a firmware update to show the BIOS via DisplayPort. However I’m sure I’ve seen people say it’s happened with more recent cards too. So just as a test, if using DP, try HDMI.

Soldato
on my AM5 asusROG the bios activation key is F2

you probably have fast boot on in the bios, not unsual for your mate to have tried that? due to often long am5 boot times, there are ways of bettering that though, maybe the newer bioses are coming with fast boot enabled by default try a cmos reset, and go from the beginning.
, maybe just update the bios too, if there is a flash bios port on that motherboard? mine has one

Last edited:
Soldato
By default you'll more than likely find that fastboot is enabled, it is on my ASUS AM5 board, so you are probably just simply missing it, or the keyboard isnt initializing fast enough.

you can get to the bios and disable fastboot via Windows.

Goto Settings > System > Recovery > Advanced Startup and select the restart now button.

When you get to the blue recovery screen, select UEFI Firmware settings and it will boot into the bios.

Sorry I just saw that Threepwood had already posted this lol, thats what I get for not reading the whole thread.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
on my AM5 asusROG the bios activation key is F2

you probably have fast boot on in the bios, not unsual for your mate to have tried that? due to often long am5 boot times, there are ways of bettering that though, maybe the newer bioses are coming with fast boot enabled by default try a cmos reset, and go from the beginning.
, maybe just update the bios too, if there is a flash bios port on that motherboard? mine has one

yeah it is F2 quite why i put F1 is anyones guess :cry:

Associate
useful shortcut I have on my desktop to reboot straight to bios. Saves from mashing Del|F2
"C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /r /fw /t 0"
/r reboot
/fw to bios
/t 0 after 0 seconds

Back
Top Bottom