AM5 contact frame - tips please

Soldato
I'm going to recase my AM5 system from my FT02 into a Montech King 95 Pro (red, FWIW). I'm taking the opportunity to fit a Thermal Grizzly mounting frame and an Assassin cooler. I've not fitted a mounting frame before before so I'd appreciate advice and real world experiences. I understand that torque may be a particular issue.

I have, of course, watched this video for the Intel CPU:

Yes, I could have purchased a cheaper one, but OCUK didn't have them for sale at the time.

Soldato
I'm going to recase my AM5 system from my FT02 into a Montech King 95 Pro (red, FWIW). I'm taking the opportunity to fit a Thermal Grizzly mounting frame and an Assassin cooler. I've not fitted a mounting frame before before so I'd appreciate advice and real world experiences. I understand that torque may be a particular issue.

Yes, I could have purchased a cheaper one, but OCUK didn't have them for sale at the time.

Im using the Thermalright one, you just screw them in until they stop, they cant be overtightened, completely fool proof, I brought it more for the thermal paste push out thing though, stop it dropping down inbetween the gaps on the CPU.

Last edited:
Soldato
They do not reduce temps on AM5 in any significant manner. But they can be used for the TIM overspill, aside from that they are a waste of money.

Last edited:
Soldato
i got a deepcool copper frame for spill over, does a really good job, temps on my 7950x have alwasy been good with the stock mounting am5 offers, i see no need to buy such a product for am5, intel on the other hand 100% yes.

Back
Top Bottom