Amazing audio from PS3

Soldato
As anyone noticed how incredible the audio is when playing high bit mp3s through a descent sounds system. The audio doesn't just sound the best from this gen of consoles but I'm conviced it out performs my feb MacBook pro which is also connected to my 5.1 Sony sound system via optical.

I now put all my iTunes downloads on my PS3 due to how amazing the clarity is. I'll after look up what audio chip is in the PS3.

Last edited:
Soldato
File management definitely needs to be improved and redesigned since it is such a pain in the ass.

I want much more options, specifically the ability to customise and reorganise my folders however much I want, and not with the limited stock settings.

As for sound quality in the music, can't really say I would notice anything, but seeing as the PS3 supports many formats, bitrates, and multiple output settings, it makes for a decent player. All but the software obviously.

Soldato
It is very good. I tend to find sound quality in games is better in general on the PS3 compared to the 350 too. Noticed in a few games (Enslaved and Mass Effect 2 spring to mind) that voices sound a bit garbled and poor quality, like a low bitrate MP3. Both consoles are being fed through an Onkyo receiver too so it's not like it's a problem with the sound system.

Soldato
I find both of them really **** to use as a music player. They both need to hire someone competent next gen to design their software.

In both consoles the video and music players were obviously tacked onto the system almost as an afterthought. I think the next gen ones will be much better, with better DLNA support too.

Soldato
I found that if I set my amp to Dolby music when using the PS3 it sounds much worse that using the pc/ipad but if I set the amp to Stereo x2 then it really improves the sound quality

Back
Top Bottom