Amazon driver delivered parcel ... stole another !

Associate
Hi all

I was expecting to see parcels from amazon and ebay when i got home from work after getting notifications to say they had arrived.
When getting home there was only one in the porch , checked the bins and other silly places parcels have been left in the past but nothing there.

Decided to have a quick look on the nest camera to see if delivery was attempted ( had loads in the past that don't bother )

And there he is clear as day , walks up to the house with a white amazon bag .... walks off with the grey ebay parcel.

Has this happened to any of you in the past ?

Ive contacted amazon who have raised a complaint , i would have thought id be in for a decent bit of compo ? pretty bad having something stolen from your property.

Ive clipped the video but not shared it as was unsure if it would be ME that ended up in trouble for not blurring his face or something

Associate
OP
Haha well I did think of the police first but let’s be honest , are they really going to do anything ? ( again maybe that’s just the location hey )

Associate
OP
In your account you can assign a “safe place” so if there’s no answer they will leave it there. So we leave our front porch open for stuff to be left there.

I think we can assign our post office as a drop off I’ll have to start using there.

Associate
OP
So after contacting amazon and sending them the nest video link the guys manager just rang me.
They have spoken to the delivery driver , he has admitted to taking the parcel ( no **** it’s a clear as day video ) , they have the parcel and the manager is going to deliver it back.
That’s a good start I guess...

Associate
OP
The delivery driver should get the sack, disgraceful and if you didn't have it on camera you wouldn't have known.

This is whats annoying me most , if it wasn't for the camera i wouldn't of known / been told its my fault for allowing the porch to be used / been out of pocket.

Amazon have just turned up with my parcel , flowers , chocs and prosecco. Poor guys were super apologetic but its not their fault
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YVqZecjZw782PvyB7

Associate
OP
Some ghetto face blurring using YouTube uploaded but ....does the job hopefully
Unless YouTube upload ruins it , it should be clear enough to see arrival with a white prime package and leave with my other grey one :p

https://youtu.be/tm3UXichJDw

P.s I should have blurred out the builder arse :D

Associate
OP
Its a small porch before the main front door , if we are waiting for a delivery we will leave it open and ask for parcels to be tucked behind a wall out of sight.

Associate
OP
Have you reported this to the Police yet?

Logged it on an online form , form has been reviewed and I have a crime number.
Said with there being footage they would be in touch to arrange a mutual suitable appointment.

Associate
OP
Haha sadly the daily mail would absolutely love it as it appears to be an eastern European gentlemen.

They are getting a little better since the new editor to be fair

Associate
OP
This whole situation really doesn't sound like theft, with the driver immediately confirming he took it and returning it (I'm guessing unopened?)

Nope it was opened , they returned it in one of their amazon boxes :)

Associate
OP
Hi , the Echo have generated this entire page from a quick Twitter dm.
Now I’m the last person the claim to be a grammar king , perhaps you are the type of person who types every message in perfect queens English , good for you ....not me so sorry for any offence caused.

Associate
OP
Behave, you're not even from proper Liverpool... Your wheelie bin isn't purple. :D

Busted ! :p Account was made back when I lived in Wavertree so I feel I still qualify

I was disrespecting the substandard quality journalism. They could have corrected any mistakes from your hastily written twitter dm for their esteemed publication. Reflects poorly on them rather than you.

No worries ! You’re right though , I would have put a little more effort in if I’d known it would be copied verbatim :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom