• Yes

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 161 80.1%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 30 14.9%

• Total voters
Commissario
Had the email earlier as well, we don’t watch masses on their (although the stats are telling me I’ve done 102 orders and 155 movies/tv shows in the last year!)

Soldato
Got the email as well, definitely won’t be paying and if the ads prove too intrusive will cancel, used to order quite a lot from them but they’ve turned into a glorified eBay peddling Chinese crap so my orders have dropped to less than 10 last year

Soldato
Mine doesn't show anything, just that my student primes runs out this month :mad: . One thing I have noticed (as my Mrs doesn't have prime), is that something are cheaper to buy on prime (although there doesn't seem to be an easy way of finding out what/how much).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I posted in the other Amazon thread but yeah so far my experience with the ads had been disruptive and if it wasn't for household sharing on my account I'd straight up cancel.

Won't be watching anything on Amazon Prime Video now...

Moved my post over from the other thread:

Ads kicked in on Prime Video and so far pretty disruptive to the viewing experience, unfortunately have people using household sharing on my account or I'd straight up just cancel it in protest. Won't be bothering with Prime Video from now on though.

Shame because I was looking forward to the next Grand Tour, might have to go old school to watch it
:(

EDIT: Have cancelled off my Video channels though and gone for the refund option rather than watch until the end of the subscription period out of spite :s

EDIT:

While your subscription to MGM has ended, you can still enjoy thousands of other movies and TV shows at no additional charge with Prime Video and your Amazon Prime subscription.

Well no actually Amazon I have to pay extra to actually enjoy them...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Apparently they want to implement up to 3.5 minutes of ads per 1 hour of viewing. I dunno the exact implementation but I had a long unskippable ad at the start of a TV show episode, another on trying to forwind into the episode because it had forgotten my previous position and then another 28 second 2 part ad 5 minutes later, at which point I gave up.

EDIT: Apparently you can no longer skip Amazon's pre-roll for its own shows either since this change, even if you pay for the ad-free tier.

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
Watched the last of season 2 of Reacher yesterday and didn't spot any ads. Maybe my DNS adblocker was doing a good job blocking them.

Prime delivery is handy but not essential. Some of the media on there is an extra charge ontop of prime anyway and can be sourced elsewhere.

Man of Honour
Watched the last of season 2 of Reacher yesterday and didn't spot any ads. Maybe my DNS adblocker was doing a good job blocking them.

Prime delivery is handy but not essential. Some of the media on there is an extra charge ontop of prime anyway and can be sourced elsewhere.

They've only started enabling ads for people in the UK today AFAIK. I watched a bunch of stuff last night without ads.

maj

maj

Soldato
They've only started enabling ads for people in the UK today AFAIK. I watched a bunch of stuff last night without ads.
Ah right. Will have to give it another go but until Clarkson's Farm comes back there's nothing on there at the moment that grabs my attention to watch.

Man of Honour
Maybe my DNS adblocker was doing a good job blocking them.

It does block them, at least for now... so **** Amazon, I usually avoid blocking ads but screw them.

EDIT: I might be wrong about that or something going on - even with adblocker disabled I'm not getting ads again though still seeing the pop-up about changing plan, weird.

EDIT2: Something odd - force refreshed the page and any mention of ads has disappeared and not getting them in any content.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last year, Prime saved us more in shipping charges than it cost for a year.

I suspect that won’t be the case this year and introducing adverts will make the decision to cancel the renewal very easy.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Last year, Prime saved us more in shipping charges than it cost for a year.

I suspect that won’t be the case this year and introducing adverts will make the decision to cancel the renewal very easy.

I just select the co-op across the road for Amazon deliveries and that makes delivery free and next day.

Reactions: KIA
Soldato
Got the first ones last night, opened the app up prompt to upgrade came straight up.

If you've ever watched anything on freevee i.e. Bosch Legacy it's the exact same ad format. 2 at the start and 1 short in the middle of the show for now.

Caporegime
OP
Apparently they want to implement up to 3.5 minutes of ads per 1 hour of viewing. I dunno the exact implementation but I had a long unskippable ad at the start of a TV show episode, another on trying to forwind into the episode because it had forgotten my previous position and then another 28 second 2 part ad 5 minutes later, at which point I gave up.

EDIT: Apparently you can no longer skip Amazon's pre-roll for its own shows either since this change, even if you pay for the ad-free tier.

The Amazon pre-rolls would annoy me. Not seen any in at least 1 year, but when they did appear (and were skippable) they only seemed to advertise one show at a time over a period of multiple weeks. So for at least 3 weeks I would see the same pre-roll for this terrible Nicolas Cage film, in Spanish, on every single show or movie ( No matter how fast you tried to skip it you'd catch the 1st 3 seconds of it every time :D )

Got the first ones last night, opened the app up prompt to upgrade came straight up.

If you've ever watched anything on freevee i.e. Bosch Legacy it's the exact same ad format. 2 at the start and 1 short in the middle of the show for now.

3.5 minutes an hour. I think I could easily handle that tbh. Back in the day when I watched ITV or Channel4 A 1 hour show would have 2 advert breaks (At 25m and 45m on the hour iirc + after shows). I'm sure that used to be closer to 15 minutes per hour. Most shows from back then are 42-48 minutes when downloaded (I think!).

rp2000

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom