Amazon Prime Day

Soldato
I seem to remember a thread doing the rounds on black friday so assume it's ok as per forum rules.

Bagged myself a load of Philips Hue bulbs and considering the Nest security camera.

Pitty I'm skint lol

Soldato
OP
Really fancy a home cctv system but the subscription on Nest is taking the cake.

That's a good point, £80 a year mmmmmmm

Guess it's easier than having a hdd video recorder sat in the house 24/7. Do you know if it is ok with 2 cameras? or do you need two subscriptions for that!

:edit: extra £40 per additional camera

Soldato
OP
I really fancied that hozelock hosepipe down from £60 to £15 but they all sold out. I'm on the waiting list.
Found out about it as it's been on my wishlist all summer.

haha, I think we all added philips hue bulbs to friends and family accounts.

Soldato
OP
Amazon cancelled all my friends and families hue bulbs.....made the mistake of ordering them all from my house so I assume the IP address was logged.

To make matters worse, I have a paid sub to torguard lol

Damn!

Soldato
OP
Did you try to buy everything from your (Prime) account and then attempt to have them delivered to multiple locations?

I don't see why IP address matters.

Surely if everyone used their own (Prime) account to place the order, then they wouldn't care - even if it was all done from the same IP.

Likewise, even if you changed IP - surely they'd still be suspicious of multiple orders all going from the same account but to multiple destinations.

I'm confused as to why IP address / torguard would make any difference.

No, each order went to a different address

:edit: Just arguing on Amazon Chat, their customer service has really gone downhill this past year

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not an issue if they used their own Prime account to order from, surely?

They did, and had it sent to their address. You can't physically order more than one bulb per account as the system won't let you. I used their account to order my second bulb and had it shipped to their address. They cancelled the order, same as my sisters.

Wanted 3 bulbs, ended up with 1

Soldato
OP
as previously mentioned, Amazon customer service isn't what it used to be. Went downhill about 12-18months ago.

They just say, return and re buy all the time.

Soldato
OP
Got 4 Hue starter kits, 2 GU10, 2 B22. This completes my installation and leaves me with 4 redundant Hue bridges lol.

What do you think to the GU10s? I was extremely disappointed and have returned them. My originals were nxtgen 400 lumens, didn't know till I checked that the hue ones are only 250.

Made our hallway very dark and dingey

Soldato
OP
Quite happy, but mine are installed in triple light fittings with 6 bulbs total in my lounge. I need them dimmed most of the time. I can also get some pretty awesome lighting effects by mixing colours.

ahhhh, ok. You have the coloured ones. Mine were the white ambient. Coloured are 1w brighter which may actually be ok.

Back
Top Bottom