Amazon Prime, next day not working?

Soldato
I'm not far from the Hemel Hempstead depot so I'm usually quite lucky but I guess it depends on the item and where it's held.

Except... it's ALL the items at the moment. That's our point :) I don't think it does matter where you are, what item it is... something is wrong in that it wont show next day delivery on anything. That's why I would think it is a system issue of some kind.

Soldato
Its so weird somethings def happening at amazon. Ordered a couple things and they said they wouldn't be delivered until Monday but just got a text and email from dpd saying will be delivered tomorrow.

Wonder if the drivers are on strike or something. Haven't had an amazon dpd delivery for ages

Soldato
same as last night...things that were showing for Monday are now available for delivery tomorrow

looks like you need to do your Amazon shopping late at night to get the fastest delivery!

or as above it's just a bit screwy

Underboss
Just ordered something and everything was showing as Wednesday for Prime, I’m in Guildford so not exactly in the sticks for Surrey.

Associate
Prime has gone down hill massively I usually order stuff that says delivered next day to have the date change to the day after as soon as I make the payment, if I didn’t watch some stuff on prime then I wouldn’t justify paying for it anymore

Commissario
There's something very odd going on.

I ordered a Pi case yesterday afternoon at 15:44 and received the email below at 22:45 telling me it's been despatched and will be delivered on Monday (consistent with other comments in the thread).
zTjOXgi.jpeg

I've just had another email telling me it'll be here today.
ctSnA1n.jpeg

This ties in with what happened on Friday - I ordered and it told me it'd be here today but it arrived yesterday.

I stand by what I've said above, it's very unusual for anything on Prime not to be here the next day when I order from Amazon. This inconsistency is very strange though.

Soldato
Same here, ordered loads of stuff on Friday for Monday delivery and so far 2 packages arrived yesterday so had to go to the neighbour and the last one by dpd just got delivered just now.

Soldato
OP
That's even more annoying though. The reason I like next day is you know exactly when something is arriving. So if it said Monday and then came Saturday most likely no one would be in the house.

Associate
ordered a stop switch and electrical glands sunday morning and it says delivery Tuesday on prime,says they have just been dispatched this morning,something weird going on for sure because all my previous orders have been next day.

Soldato
Will be down to maintenance of the actually buildings, as they take them offline for approx 12 hours over night, this impacts the delivery of items, so if not enough capacity they will push out the prime delivery day

Permabanned
mine is still a bit all over the place, the other day i had 3 amazon drivers turn up in 1 day.
seems my orders are not being dispatched until very early morning on the day of delivery.

Associate
I cancelled mine a few weeks ago, it was about to renew and honestly couldn't think of a single good reason to keep paying.

Free next-day delivery is convenient but not life-changing, nothing much on Prime video worth watching atm, the free stuff on Prime music is too limited.

I might subscribe again for a month when something good comes out, binge whatever I want to watch and then cancel.

Back
Top Bottom