Amazon Prime !!!!

Soldato
No swear words can describe how much I hate -loath and Detest Amazon.

I have just made my third purchase from Amazon in the last 10 years and did my utmost to avoid signing up for Prime - Although it said free postage I knew that involved signing up so I read every page but it seems I missed it. I knew when I saw it was free postage on pay now where I expected to see about £4.
I clicked back back back a few times and started again but it still got me
I have the confirmation email which I clicked but not clicked any links yet.
This is by the way a 30 day trail so I have no intension of buying anything in next 30 days so what do I do then to make sure I cancel it or not actvate it.
I find it really annoying that everything you do on Amazon you need a lawyer sitting with you so you don't sign up for the cunningly worded stuff they are trying to and do land you with.:rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
If you are buying loads of stuff from Amazon then Prime is right for you.
As I said in my OP I have only used Amazon about 3 times in 10 years - there for I do not need PRIME.
If you want PRIME then by all means sign up - I do not want PRIME there for I should be able to quite easily buy what I want and pay postage and not have to FAF about trying to avoid signing up

My post isn't about how quick Amazon is to deliver (I know that with my last order months ago) it about trying to avoid compulsary sign up by stealth - I am willing to pay Amazon prices and DELIVERY - I don't want PRIME.

Thanks Dirk you pipped me to the post :)

Soldato
OP
I mean what do you want, a thread full of people slagging off Amazon without any counter points, sounds more like a circlejerk than what we have now? Besides I just checked and it's incredibly easy to cancel so he's flat out wrong. Go to account > Click Prime > Manage Membership > End Membership. All clearly visible and labelled well.

I sussed this out this afternoon but even so that is not the point - Amazon should give you a clear in or out - yes I will or no I won't but it is hidden away so to my mind that is taking the ****.
OK so I got ****** on but I shouldn't have - Do you want Amazon Prime - Yes or no - it's as simple as that.

I am not knocking Amazon service what so ever - just the way they drag you in on the sly - As I said earlier I am willing to pay delivery on the few items I buy. - I do not want PRIME.

Soldato
OP
No it won't - got caught years ago when I used to order a lot from Amazon - everything was free postage - Thought great till one day I was scanning my bank account and there was £70 for amazon - Rang them to ask what it was and cancelled it.
Been careful ever since but this one slipped through the net.
If you order a lot it's worth it but I very rarely buy stuff now and I have no use for films or Netflix etc.

Back
Top Bottom