• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 4000G and GE series CPU availability

Associate
Hi

I’m interested in doing a basic build around the above processors, specifically the 4700GE (which seems to be a low 35W TDP option).

The whole line of processors is listed as “OEM only” on the AMD site though and can’t find any online.

Is this common for such a release? Will they eventually go on sale to general customers? Expected timeline?

thanks

Man of Honour
From what I've seen, they're mostly imports, can't imagine they'll be released to retail while the shortage continues.

Soldato
Is this common for such a release? Will they eventually go on sale to general customers? Expected timeline?
Don't think they will go general sale, the next generation should though. You can buy the 4700GE from grey market sites and get it shipped to the UK, just means your warranty is limited.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies.

After doing more looking around it seems there’s plans to release 5000 series APUs, announcement expected January which I wasn’t aware of so that should suit also.

Ta

Back
Top Bottom