• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 7800XT Reference Card or.....4070

Soldato
Morning All,

I am thinking of upgrading ym RTX 3070 and after considering the 4070 I am eyeing up a return to team red. That's brought me to the 7800xt and there's a great price on the reference card.

Anything I need to be aware of going for an AMD reference card? Predaliction for coil whine or is there support going direct poor/good etc?

Or anyone feel I should stay team green?

Really appreciate any input

Soldato
OP
@Bill Turnip

I have a Dell G3223D which is a 32" 1440p monitor.

I play a mix of things from fortnight with my boy, BF22042 and whichever titles catch my eye so I want something versatile. Ideally so I have headroom for all the bells and whistles where it suits.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Have a 3070 and considering the 4070 Super. Some of comments here about 12gb mem being bare min and the base price/perf v AMD have got me twitchy now.
I also have a 1440P setup but running older 3700X which I could also upgrade to the 5800X3D with mobo I have.
It's a dilemma....
I think im going to wait for the super to appear and see where the land lies. The 7800xt is a good price but maybe there will be some shift. If the standard 4070 dropped in price its still a tough call for me.

Soldato
OP
@g67575 If I go that route would prefer a triple fan. Got the space in my case . I feel at the moment the 7800xt is the right way but just holding to see what the prices do over the next few weeks. This is a rare display of self restraint for me :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom