• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 7800XT Reference Card or.....4070

Suspended
When you look at their store page, it's like they've given up on pricing. Maybe they're just expecting AIB Models to be the cheaper models and the MBA versions in their eyes are the premium versions.

The reference 7800XT sold on AMD's store page is cheaper, all be it only slightly cheaper than every retailer, that's AMD's actual store page, not their 3'rd part links page.

Last edited:
Soldato
The reference 7800XT sold on AMD's store page is cheaper, all be it only slightly cheaper than every retailer, that's AMD's actual store page, not their 3'rd part links page.

Is it? I'm reading £568.17 on their store page and ocuk has the same MBA card for £479.99.

Suspended
To those who own the reference 7800XT, in all honesty what's it like in terms of its cooler, i like the design, i know its warmer and louder than any AIB model, apart from Gigabyte maybe, my question is how loud and how warm? What's the Hotspot temps?

Is it? I'm reading £568.17 on their store page and ocuk has the same MBA card for £479.99.

The reference 7800XT is £473.47

Last edited:
Soldato
To those who own the reference 7800XT, in all honesty what's it like in terms of its cooler, i like the design, i know its warmer and louder than any AIB model, apart from Gigabyte maybe, my question is how loud and how warm? What's the Hotspot temps?

ok wow its so weird, when i look at the store page it shows 568.17. When i add it to basket it changes to 473.47, wtf!?

Suspended
Might just be tempted to buy one to mess about with.

I'm considering getting one. i can put up with a bit more noise to if its £40 cheaper than the cheapest AIB model, i'm just a little worried about the Hotspot temps, i don't want that to be much over 80c, its the Hotspot temps that actually matter and once you're getting to 90c+ you're at the limit.

Assuming you get free delivery it's still cheaper from oc..

That's true...

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm considering getting one. i can put up with a bit more noise to if its £40 cheaper than the cheapest AIB model, i'm just a little worried about the Hotspot temps, i don't want that to be much over 80c, its the Hotspot temps that actually matter and once you're getting to 90c+ you're at the limit.

That's true...

Open and replace the pads? If its anything like Nvidias warranty i'm sure they would allow it? Gonna think on it and come back to this after my holiday.

Who knows, might see another slight price drop by then!

Suspended
Open and replace the pads? If its anything like Nvidias warranty i'm sure they would allow it? Gonna think on it and come back to this after my holiday.

Who knows, might see another slight price drop by then!

What's increasing my itch is the knowledge that its unlikely to get any cheaper given the price of the 4070 hasn't budged a penny and there is talk of coming shortages in the air....

Last edited:
Soldato
What's increasing my itch is the knowledge that its unlikely to get any cheaper given the price of the 4070 hasn't budged a penny and there is talk of coming shortages in the air....

Thought the shortages were more to do with Storage than graphics tbh, i know the hikes are coming but wasn't aware of any further gpu shortages.

Suspended
Thought the shortages were more to do with Storage than graphics tbh, i know the hikes are coming but wasn't aware of any further gpu shortages.

Cargo ships are having to divert around the south of the African continent due to angry antisemites is pushing up delivery times of goods and components by weeks, and increasing costs, i think it was MLID also said the cost of memory is on the rise again and that can add to the problem of these fanatics trying to sink committal shipping off the coast of Lebanon.

Edited out the offensive language entirely of my own volition having thought about it again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Cargo ships are having to divert around the south of the African continent due to angry antisemites is pushing up delivery times of goods and components by weeks, and increasing costs, i think it was MLID also said the cost of memory is on the rise again and that can add to the problem of these fanatics trying to sink committal shipping off the coast of Lebanon.
Costs a cool extra million in fuel to do so too!!!

Last edited:
Soldato

Edited out the offensive language entirely of my own volition having thought about it again.

What a crazy world we live in right now. Everyone seems to be so set on killing each other.

Associate

@GhostDog1981 has one.

Back
Top Bottom