• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD announce EPYC

Soldato
Oh I got that, i was referring to the intel statement of banging multiple CPU's together.
Wasn't the pentium D exactly that? Just x2 pentium 4's?

What's interesting is that IBM has been doing the same thing as AMD for their mainframes for years, and no issues at all. IBM is still a player in that segment of the world, as niché as it is.

Clearly Microsoft, Baidu, 1&1, and more have all extensively tested Epyc against Intel's offerings for their needs in regards to performance, power usage, and stability before signing Multi-Million Dollar contracts and partnerships.

Soldato
What's interesting is that IBM has been doing the same thing as AMD for their mainframes for years, and no issues at all. IBM is still a player in that segment of the world, as niché as it is.

Clearly Microsoft, Baidu, 1&1, and more have all extensively tested Epyc against Intel's offerings for their needs in regards to performance, power usage, and stability before signing Multi-Million Dollar contracts and partnerships.

They all know nothing. Intel are the ones we should be listening to :)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
"AMD’s approach of stitching together 4 desktop die in a processor is expected to lead to inconsistent performance and other deployment complexities in the data center."

I'm surprised they've gone on record saying that; surely that's libel? What evidence have they got to back up that statement?

Soldato
I'm surprised they've gone on record saying that; surely that's libel? What evidence have they got to back up that statement?

I know right, nevermind it's more elegant and more efficient than 2-4-8 socket systems that have more issues and higher latency for communication between CPUs.

Caporegime
LOL Intel:

http://www.barrons.com/articles/amd-reveals-epyc-details-intel-vows-to-top-it-1497997334

We take all competitors seriously, and while AMD is trying to re-enter the server market segment, Intel continues to deliver 20+ years of uninterrupted data center innovations while maintaining broad ecosystem investments. Our Xeon CPU architecture is proven and battle tested, delivering outstanding performance on a wide range of workloads and specifically designed to maximize data center performance, capabilities, reliability, and manageability. With our next-generation Xeon Scalable processors, we expect to continue offering the highest core and system performance versus AMD. AMD’s approach of stitching together 4 desktop die in a processor is expected to lead to inconsistent performance and other deployment complexities in the data center.

With push-back lines like that, one cannot help but wonder who is teaching Intel how to look like you're not concerned. :D

brian-krzanich-trump.jpg

Associate
You should see the panic and desperation on some forums - it seems there is a genuine fear AMD might actually get some decent revenue out of it!!
No way they won't. Amd already got several big names on board and considering their status in server market right now, i say there is only way to go and that is up :p

Permabanned
Back
Top Bottom