• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Athlon 5150 Kabini - cat, Jaguar or more fun?

Associate
Im tetsing for review now Athlon 5150. This is from my point the best price/performance ration for AM1. Basic clock is 1600 MHz (top model 5350 has 2050 MHz, this different could be visible in practice, but 5150 has still OK performance). The RAM IMC support is 1600 MHz DDR3. Not bad, but you will see later. And iGPU has the core clock 600 MHz. For older oldschool games its OK. As Quake III. Quake IV, Counter Strike, Battlefield 2 or modern Torchlight.

New benchrig for small machine :)
ZNPp0c9.jpg

And new HyperX memory Fure
soHCoDV.jpg

But, what happens, if the right guy has the right motherboard? This motherboard is Asus AM1I-A.
Do not hotlink images - stulid.

BIOS is simply perfect for some fun.

This is teraser. 1600 MHz CPU and DDR3? No way...I wanna more... 1984 MHz at CPU and DDR3 the same! And still stock voltage of CPU :)
eBBV1kW.png
U507t92.png

BIOS is overclockable, no problem for this great motherboard.
gAAeThM.jpg

And Cinebench at stable settings:
eux5mLK.jpg

Later coming more OC fun :)

Associate
OP
yes, now Im at performance of 5350 chip...And much higher in memory clock and iGPU clock :). But again, this board is gold. MSI and ASRock or Gigabyte have not BCLK in OC menu...

Associate
OP
So, Im done with little baby Kabini and Asus AM1-I A. Great board and good small CPU :)

How is it stable? I got stable settings at 132 MHz BCLK!
The power consumption in load is only 5 W higher than with stock settings :). Lets go to OC stable results:

AIDA AES:
c6kEkdP.png

AIDA Memory-nice improvement
2puoJ9B.png

Cinebench R15
9LYaF21.png

Cinebench R11.5
j96Ldsj.png

Cinebench R10
ivZLMJI.png

Winrar, wow, over 2000 KB/s!
rCIyZ9T.png

3D Mark11 Performance test
Ro7i0Cb.png

And now some fun with benchmarks (not fully stable PC in OCCT)
PiFast
GFQBYPr.png

Wprime 1024M
hG6kiOO.png

Cinebench R15 at 2303 MHz!
ECn1lAo.png

Cinebench R11.5 at 2303 MHz
Aj5DHz3.png

Superpi 2303 MHz
rpG12g3.png

Max clock - 2367 MHz (with +1 Mhz BCLK I had issues with SATA/graphics outputs)
ScAOWpz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom