• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta Driver for Windows out now

Associate
Mines running 60-90FPS now After much playing around

Crossfire ON
i7 3770k @ 4.2 (no difference to 4.8)

Textures set to High - Ultra Kills Vram to Quick
GPU Max Frames 3
Level Detail - Ultra
Shadows - High (looks no different to Ultra)
Reflections - High (looks no different to Ultra)
Ambient - MBHAO (HABO Looks worse, i think its Nvidia only to?)
Motion Blur - Off - Hate it
Depth of Field - Only seem to make difference in cars. so turned it off

this driver also fixed
My 16:9 21:9 16:9 Resolution issues

i will try these setting when i finish work, what driver are you using 14.6?
thanks
maka

Associate
the new mantle crossfire in thief is pretty impressive:
Mantle now works in crossfire with thief: with 1440p and maxed settings my results are:

Direct X
http://imageshack.com/a/img841/9495/7m68.png

If the image is larger than 1280 pixels wide please resize, link only or put in spoiler tags. Thank you.

Mantle (photo from ipad sorry for quality) Notice the huge increase in minimum/max and average frame rate
qzdj.jpg

That is a 17% increase or so.

i74930k @ 4.4ghz
3 290x's (stock clocks)
32 gigs Trident-x DDR3 2400mhz

Associate
Hi everyone,

installing these drivers gave me an issue, basically after installing they seem fine then once I reboot my PC starts loading, I see the windows loading screen but then it all goes black, all I can see is my cursor over a black screen. This is where the password screen for my login would usually be.

I have tried this twice now. Uninstalling CCC and drivers via windows uninstall, then a reboot, then driver sweeper to catch anything, reboot, install 14.6, installs with errors like every new driver I get but nothing that stops them working (error log looks like a load of messy code) then next time I reboot I get a black screen.

Any idea's? I have to get into windows recovery and do a system restore just to get back ontpo my desktop...

Anyone have any idea on this please? :)

Associate
Anyone have any idea on this please? :)

I'm getting a similar black screen on boot issue with these drivers. It reminded me of an overclock gone too far so I disabled all other startup programs and put msi afterburner on auto start and apply overclock on with a 50mv boost to the core clock which seemed to do the trick. When I reset the voltage back to stock it black screens for sure.

Associate
I'm getting a similar black screen on boot issue with these drivers. It reminded me of an overclock gone too far so I disabled all other startup programs and put msi afterburner on auto start and apply overclock on with a 50mv boost to the core clock which seemed to do the trick. When I reset the voltage back to stock it black screens for sure.

I am undervolted to 1125mV and am on stock clocks of 1000/1500 using LtMatt's BIOS.

So possibly bumping the voltage up could do it? Although I can't boot into windows so I guess Afterburner isn't loaded at the login to windows screen so it can't be that, right?

Last edited:
Associate
This driver has been great for me so far, not as big a step as the 14.4 drivers from a few months back but still very impressive and it looks like AMD aiming for watch_dogs stability has helped a lot of there older games running in crossfire also. Assassins creed has never really run too brilliant for me until these drivers.

Associate
Pushing my core mV up to 1150 from 1125 has stopped me black screening!

The two GPU's on my 7990 though are running up to 5C hotter each and the variance between the two is now 9C when it used to be 4C...

Associate
I tried to play WatchDogs with these, quite possibly the worst stuttering I've ever had in any game ever(far worse that Deus Ex:HR when that was released), but I blame Ubisoft for that(terrible optimization for crossfire *7990*) but I've just tried Football Manager 2014 and I'm receiving artifacts when I move my mouse cursor around.

I'll try another clean install tomorrow just to make sure it isn't the usual AMD driver install gremlins acting up again.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Scratch the above Sam(but many thanks for offering to help), just tested the 14.6's and is now working on everything except for Thief Mantle, DX is working though.

Great to see the bug reports are working.:)

Thank you for letting me know. For Thief, one thing I can suggest is trying to re-install Thief after installing 14.6. Have you tried this yet?

Associate
OP
Hello everyone,

To those of you who are experiencing blacks screens, please send me a trust with your sys specs, dxdiag, a any error messages. And please, make sure to use the Issue Reporting Form too (this way we cover both ends).

Back
Top Bottom