• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD consideres buying Ageia, perhaps they are trying to go bankrupt?

Soldato
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/11/22/amd_has_considered_buying_ageia/1

Its like intel and amd are playing monopoly. What will they buy next? I presume this is because intel are considering to buy havok. AMD seem like they want to join in the fight. They could come out with some amazing cpu/gfx/physics card and it be great... or not lol.

With intel and amd now fighting for physics we could see some good things. Or a very big flop :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Is that a good or bad thing? I think if amd take up agiea intel may take havok and we could be seeing a good war for physics too. But if intel win again then amd will be crushed and i beleive havok is better then agiea?

Soldato
OP

Pretty pointless without any evidence and a lot of bias. I think amd will come back purely because they ahve to. They will come back with something which has such a good price/performance that people will be buying it over the intel/nvida equivilant. Amd have always been cheaper as far as i can remember (which is not as far back as some of you people lol). Intel have always been moer expensive.

Soldato
OP
haha trying to take down as many companies with them as they can huh?

But to be honest, i doubt they paid much for ageia so tis probably not a bad investment with a chase for a brake through.

Back
Top Bottom