• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD driver problem

Soldato
Oh fortune how you mock me.

So I haven't used an AMD GPU for ages because I always thought the drivers were pants.

I installed my 7990 a minute ago and go to install the drivers.

The screen switches off, the resolution goes up, the screen goes black - unresponsive PC.

That's it. Upon reboot the drivers are not installed.

Help.

I tried everything. I spent ages making sure the Nvidia stuff was gone.

Any way, third time lucky... Wiggled the mouse like a belm and it managed to go on. Just ran Firestrike, not bad. Will update it to 8.1 tomorrow.

Aw I was looking forward to you cutting your card in half with a chainsaw

:D

haha I nearly spat my coffee all over the screen ! Well remembered sir ! :eek:

I'd have to quarter this bugger, given it's two cards on one PCB :D

Matt - you're a gent. Thanks for that. I'll actually need it because I'm going to 8.1 soon.

That post should be stickied really.

No problem Andy. I'm not sure if its AMD's fault or Microsofts really. What i have done is emailed Thracks the AMD rep and given him a link to this thread. I will update once he gets back to me.

It's Windows 8 mate. It has forced driver signing that you have to disable.

I had issues with my LCD info screen because it wouldn't even let me install the driver. Kept saying driver isn't signed, no option to skip.

You have to go through a process and reboot your PC with driver signing disabled.

Back
Top Bottom