• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***AMD Freesync owners thread***

Associate
Add the profile, at the bottom it will show AMD CrossFireX Mode, set that to disabled, then right click the profile and click use as system settings. Turn off blur reduction mode if you have it on, restart your PC and then go to the My Digital Flat-Panels properties tab in CCC, tick the freesync box at the bottom and click apply.

I must be the only retard who can't get these simple instructions to work...

MSI afterburner are showing both gpu's working sigh..

Associate
Its not the tech!

Seeing has Fifa demo wont use Freesync I just tried a side scrolling game something with fast moving pace and nothing better than Sonic.. And I didnt see any Ghosting. Image was crisp..

You tried BF4 much Shankly or any MMO's?

I've just tried disabling the crossfire mode on the profile etc but cannot get it to shut one gpu off.. :/

Caporegime
I can see it in other games yes, the FPS games I've tried it's not there or not noticeable but even Shadows of Mordor I can see it when moving around.

I've wrote more about it in the thread in the monitor sub forum.

Caporegime
So all of the pre-release boasting about Freesync monitors being cheaper yada yada and it turns out they're either using cheaper panels or are missing vital technologies to prevent ghosting.

For all of the stick NVidia got about limiting G-sync to a select few partners at least by doing so they have ensured a high quality experience, AMD have no real control over how well Freesync is implemented.

Soldato
Can you do a video showing the ghosting? If possible.

would have to be on his phone...and we'd never know if it was our monitors ghosting or the original video...

Also MMJ - it might just be me but it seems Nvidia have waited til this moment to reveals their variable pixel voltage thingy...i don't understand why it wasn't already announced/out there before freesync. Correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited:
Soldato
So all of the pre-release boasting about Freesync monitors being cheaper yada yada and it turns out they're either using cheaper panels or are missing vital technologies to prevent ghosting.

For all of the stick NVidia got about limiting G-sync to a select few partners at least by doing so they have ensured a high quality experience, AMD have no real control over how well Freesync is implemented.
Thought this was an "AMD Freesync owners thread"...do we really need fanbase Nvidia marketing here as well?

Back
Top Bottom