• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD GPU Scaling

Soldato
Hi all. I'm considering a 4K monitor for productivity, but the monitor will also be used for some gaming.

I had debated an Ultrawide or 1440p monitor, but I'm unsure how my other sources will fare with those aspect ratios/resolutions and 4K seems a safer bet.

I have an AMD 6800, which does GPU scaling and integer scaling.

While I'm probably OK to run current games natively (at least those I play!), I don't intend to upgrade any time soon and in future, I may struggle to run games at 4K native resolution.

Do these features mean if I'm struggling to run a game in future, I can run it at 1080p and scale up to 4k with minimal performance hit? Obviously I'm not expecting them to look 4K... presumably they'd look as they would if my screen was 1080p? How does this feature compare to Nvidia's DLSS? I understand the Nvidia feature is better - is that because it both upscales and improves the graphics, whereas the AMD equivalent just scales up?

Any advice appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom