AMD laptops in the UK

Associate
Given the current situation with Intel CPUs even extending to mobile chips, where on earth are all the AMD laptops with 4080 or equivalent spec? I've been looking for a while to find a laptop that meets my requirements, but the only ones that come close are Intel-based and too much of a lottery to drop the kind of budget I have in mind on.

Anyone seen anything that has:

4080 (or equivalent)
32 Gb RAM
2 Tb storage (at least)
Ethernet connectivity (not interested in WiFi only)
17/18" screen (OLED not necessarily required)

Anything out there that's not Medion or Lenovo (heard bad things about quality).

Not that I can see. AMD is even greyed out on the side menu when you filter for 17/18" screens. It's like laptop manufacturers forgot AMD exists, at least as far as the UK market goes.

Worth knowing tbh. Hadn't seen much feedback at all around lenovo, would have considered them if I hadn't dropped an absolute steal for my XMG Neo.

Are the XMG Neo worth it? They seem rather expensive and as a Europe based manufacturer, what's the deal on their shipping/VAT/customs fees? Shame OCUK aren't resellers like they are with all the other brands, barring Dell ofc.

That said, not seeing a 7945Hx3D option on there, so meh.

Last edited:
Looks like waiting a few months for the mobile 9000 series is the way to go. It’s a shame, I found out about a company in Kilmarnock that would build something to my other spec requirements apart from only offering 14900hx as the CPU and without the ASUS tax.

Gutted

Back
Top Bottom