• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon Fury Cards graphics corruption in Planetary Annihilation.

Soldato
Last edited:
Yeah you might be right not to sure about the GCN variants, I know it's the 3XX / Fury cards and happens with any Fury / 3XX driver. Nvidia is fine on this game, come on AMD support the smaller games and fix this plz (:

I have this same issue and would also like to know if there is a fix. There seems to be a slight dimness to the lighting and are you describing the odd blocky looking borders around the spawn point? I'm using the 15.10s.

Yeah that's it exactly it makes some planets pretty unplayable. Using the latest hotfix, tried all the drivers that are compatible with Nano and all give same effect. Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Yeah yeah you know I am, I know how to copy and paste as well :P Wasn't sure if you needed to edit any files or simply drag and drop. I hadn't clicked the link yet.

Anyways I have looked at the page now.

Kudos for this idea btw, I tried every (OPENGL) Fiji driver DLL from 15.15 (Launch) up until the latest hotfix and the problem still exists.

It def seems Fiji is the cause for this, if I could somehow get the 15.6 DLL to work with my newer card then it may work as it seems every one from 15.15 up to latest 16.1 hotfix has graphics corruption.

I bet this would be a simple fix for AMD, where's the AMD Representative on this forum? Come on guys help us Planetary annihilation gamers out :-D

[Planetary Annihilation] Opengl graphical issues due to opengl optimization present since 15.7 on GCN 1.2 cards, win10

This issue has been outstanding for 120+ days. What can I do to get it fixed? Here is the thread on uber forums: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/switched-to-amd-card-texture-weirdness-in-pa.69731/page-2

Issues are green planets
shadow artifacting on the perimeter of viewable distances
Attack ranges not viewable on units

I can't roll back drivers to fix this issue for this game, rolling back for me does not resolve this issue.

Uber the dev have dropped the issue as they say the problem is AMD optimization which broke the visual effects. I have heard nothing from AMD (raised via driver feedback) after raising it near end of August.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/26rfc2/planetary_annihilation_opengl_issues/

Tommyboy you are my hero, after a lot of fun 0.0 (Installing Windows 7 on Skylake) Getting USB 3.0 Drivers to work :-( finally being able to test 15.6 DLL on Windows 7 it worked !

So the problem is related to any driver after 15.6 and Windows 10 with newer GCN graphics cards.

The game is perfect now. To fix you need Windows 7, the 15.6 (OPEN GL) DLL's in your game folder with the exe. Dual boot ftw.

Yeeah Boi ! :-D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom