• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RDNA3 unveiling event

Caporegime
I will be interesting to see how they stack up. At 4K the 4090 is on average 25% - 35% faster than a 4080 (review dependent), so not much room for the 7900 XTX to slot in.

I think the 4090 will be 15% faster than the 7900XTX with it being 10% faster than the 4080.

7900XT 90 to 95% the performance of the 4080.

AIB's +5 to 10% on top of that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Kyle Bennet has revealed global stock info. Looks like Igor was right, reference stock for launch day is slim pickings. However AIB stock volume is far greater than AMD's.

For launch day, there is 30k reference 7900xtx and xt cards for sale worldwide. And for AIB models which launch later there will be 170k cards for sale worldwide

So a total of 200k 7900xtx and xt cards for sale. That should be plenty and mean that finding stock is not hard

Last edited:
Associate
Kyle Bennet has revealed global stock info. Looks like Igor was right, reference stock for launch day is slim pickings. However AIB stock volume is far greater than AMD's.

For launch day, there is 30k reference 7900xtx and xt cards for sale worldwide. And for AIB models which launch later there will be 170k cards for sale worldwide

So a total of 200k 7900xtx and xt cards for sale. That should be plenty and mean that finding stock is not hard
That's a decent supply for sure but it will all depend on the price of the AIB cards I do wonder if they will sell out day one being above 1k

Realistically if most of the Xt cards are AIB I can see them being 1k plus globally

Associate

30k worldwide?

Caporegime
Another launch with slim pickings for stock levels, seeing as people seem to be holding off on the 4080 these could fly off the shelves if performance is there. Could really be a giant middle finger to nvidia and their pricing...we shall see.

Last edited:
Soldato
Should be interesting to see what Joe publics wallet thinks of the price/performance whatever this forum views are on what's important.

I reckon these cards will join Nvidias 4000 series in tepid sales performance and have few issues of availability.

Might be a rush for the 30k reference cards if AIBs are following up with worse pricing on their 170k customised versions.

Soldato

When do AIB cards launch?

Associate
Can anyone create a poll in these forums?

I had a quick look but gotta get ready to go.

Would be interesting to see data on how many forum members will be hoping to get the 7900xtx, 7900xt, reference model or AIB model?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom