• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RYZEN 5 aka ZEN NOW IN STOCK, GET YA WALLETS OUT!!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Following the absolutely HUGE success of Ryzen 7, AMD are set to continue their success and winning more and more market share from Intel with their new amazing Ryzen 5 processor that gives you so much more than their Intel competitor for same/less money.

AMD Ryzen 5 Six Core 1600X 4.00GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail @ £248.99 inc VAT

YD160XBCAEWOF, Six Core with Twelve Threads, 4.00GHz clock speed, 14nm FinFet Process, 16MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, 3 Year Warranty

Only £248.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

AMD Ryzen 5 Six Core 1600 3.60GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail @ £218.99 inc VAT

YD1600BBAEBOX, Six Core with Twelve Threads, 3.60GHz clock speed, 14nm FinFet Process, 16MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, 3 Year Warranty

Only £218.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

AMD Ryzen 5 Quad Core 1500X 3.70GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail @ £188.99 inc VAT

YD150XBBAEBOX, Quad Core with Eight Threads, 3.70GHz clock speed, 14nm FinFet Process, 16MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, 3 Year Warranty

Only £188.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

AMD Ryzen 5 Quad Core 1400 3.40GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail @ £164.99 inc VAT

YD1400BBAEBOX, Quad Core with Eight Threads, 3.40GHz clock speed, 14nm FinFet Process, 8MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, 3 Year Warranty

Only £164.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Just like I did with Ryzen 7, OcUK has conducted some testing and just like the Ryzen 7 1700 CPU was the sweet spot to buy especially when overclocking due to its lower TDP, nothing changes. The sweet spot in Ryzen 5 is the 1600 processor, due to its 65W TDP it runs cooler than the 1600X and can achieve the same levels of overclocking. In our testing all 1600 chips hit 3.90GHz and some were hitting as high as 4.1GHz when used with 120mm AIO coolers.

As such I and Overclockers UK highly recommend the Ryzen 5 1600 as a fantastic gaming CPU and also for professional use and with more and more software/games supporting multicore, Ryzen really is the future and the Ryzen 5 lineup with the forthcoming RX 5xx lineup will truly allow gamers to put together very capable gaming systems for under £1000.

For example a Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.90GHz + RX 480 8G + FREESYNC Monitor will be a totally amazing gaming platform that does not cost the earth like it does from AMD's rivals.

I am proud to say just as I did with Ryzen 7, AMD is truly BACK IN THE GAME!

Well done AMD! :)

Guys to help you out a little:

1600X is fastest out the box, boost to 3.9-4.0GHz and will even do this in a lower cost mainboard like B350, so for a little more outlay on CPU, you can save big time on motherboard.
1600 is essentially identical to 1600X, but it is 65W vs 95W which gives it a thermal edge and sometimes overclocking edge as well, but to get best OC results you need a 370 mainboard.

Of course to get the best performance from the CPU's you need the memory running around 3000MHz, even 3200MHz if possible and the 370 mainboards offer much better memory overclocking ability at the moment compared to 350. :)

I'd personally buy a 1600 or 1700 + CH6 and a 3000/3200 memory kit. This is what I'd personally buy and yes I would now buy AMD over Intel, I simply see Ryzen as the far more future proof CPU and the Ryzen CPU also makes games appear smoother irrelevant of what the FPS score is showing and smoothness is everything.

For me the perfect solution is:
R5 1600 + RX 480 (580 soon if rumours to be true ;) ) + 8G/16G 3000MHz RAM + 370 series mainboard. For the money especially with a FREESYNC monitor you get a totally awesome gaming experience.

Careful @Gibbo your in danger of Intel and Nvidia teaming up to send a hit squad to take you out with comments like that! better get 8Pack hired as a personal bodyguard 24/7 ;)

I am just speaking the truth, if it hurts, I will prime 8 Pack to hold them back.

Of course if you want flagship, you buys 1800X + 1080Ti + G-SYNC, but there is a vast price difference. :)

Yes I'd still pick AMD over Intel, it is my personal opinion and the choice I would make. :)

So, when is Intel going to knock £50 off the price of the i5 & i7 range...

They have no planned price moves, but would that be enough, your getting so much more for your money with AMD, which is probably why Intel are not reacting, because they simply cannot. I think AMD have surprised them, but AMD were super protective over ZEN, the early samples we had we had to sign like 100 documents to get access simply because the whole performance was so secretive and all the leaks were so far off the mark.

So when Ryzen finally appeared it was far better than anyone expectation and as such Ryzen 7 absolute kicks X99 all over the shop and Ryzen 5 kicks 7600K so hard it can even trade blows and beat 7700K, what an achievement AMD have had. :)

Why ? the 1700 is less than fifty quid more than the 1600X.

I think he means it makes the 1700 even more incredible value for money at £320 for 8C/16T processor!

AMD really making gaming and professional use affordable again, oh my hope they can do this with new VGA that comes in future. :)

I don't personally believe that. Nor would I believe it from someone employed by a large retailer. The above post indicates the opposite of what I'm saying in that the 1600 might overclock better and have the thermal edge over the 1600x. If they are identical, why is this if they aren't binned. The only logical explanation is that they aren't identical, just very similar in performance.

We were right on 1700 vs 1700X and 1800X and we recommended the cheapest, we are just honest and truthful. Unlike other retailers we are here to try and help the consumer, not just take their money. But hey ho that is why so many people shop with OcUK because we try to be honest and truthful.

Ryzen 7, the 1700 is the best value! We said this since the start and it has now being proved to be correct.
Ryzen 5, the 1600 is better value than 1600X if your happy to OC, and I am sure the market will agree with us on that in coming days. :)

To be honest gibbo was right on the money with the 1700. I see no reason why he would make something up about the 1600.

Correct but 1600 vs 1600X is not such big issue as the price difference is only £30 and no CPU cooler. Difference with 1700 vs 1800X was like £150, so it is more important and I told customers to buy the cheaper CPU, when we stock and sell all the models. Trust me by doing so I did not win any friends at AMD, but again we share true data and the results we got. :)

Back
Top Bottom